Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Watch this You Tube video.... can’t believe some of the crazy things Tesla’s added to this vehicle. Some are very useful too.

·
Registered
10 Posts
As a tech head, I love Tesla’s technology, and if I had a family, I’d probably get one. But I’m more of a fan of compact cars, surprise I know. Though I may look into a Tesla as a long range ev for road trips, and, well for anything other than city hopping (sorry smart 😅)

·
Registered
6,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Can you imagine, pulling up to a stop light. With the window down, in that car. Using the fart mode. with the neighboring cars stopped next to you. The reaction you would get, from them. many hours of fun.....

·
To the XCAPEPOD!
6,088 Posts
And, just remember that the Tesla software is always improving. There are new features that have been delivered since this video was made. They arrive while your car sits in your garage and cost $0. The latest update added a 5% power increase and one pedal driving. It's like Christmas every time you're waiting for an update to arrive!

Flooring it with newbies that expect ICE performance never gets old. Using the fart app on unsuspecting passengers is also hilarious. I gave a demo ride to a guy and his three young boys (12 and under) this weekend. Fart mode and the acceleration were the favs.

·
Registered
6,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We just got back from the doctors office. There are Tesla 3‘s every where here. Seems like you can’t even go a mile, and not see one. We were following a white one home. In the Fiat Abarth. Every stop light. He took off like a bat, out of hell. No way could we keep up with him. Instant torque, off the line. At least, my exhaust note, is cooler then his non existing one.

·
To the XCAPEPOD!
6,088 Posts
Related to my previous post, a new software update is going out right now with some small improvements: improved auto wipers with their own neural net, more assertive auto lane changes, and various fixes. And, the lower range Mod3 cars are having their max charging rate bumped to 170kW from 120.

Just so you know, every now and then something gets worse. I used to be able to verbally ask to play a song on the included streaming service and it would just start playing. Ever since they added Spotify support on top of the Slacker service, it won't do that and I have to manually select song or artist on the screen. So, a little annoying. I suspect now that there are two streaming services, there isn't a default or a way to set a default, but it should get fixed in a future release.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts