Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up my 2013 Passion 18 months ago and it's time to part ways.

The car came along as a temporary fix to replace a daily driver that was on it's last legs. I wasn't ready to take on a new car payment so I grabbed a cheap smart lease.

It's been an interesting year and a half. Being a hot rodder and old car guy you folks can imagine what kind of grief I have gone through. :D
It's been called my wee beastie, nerdlet, Urkel, and tons of other names.

Trading the car isn't much of an option. I would come out in the same shape if I paid off the remainder of the lease. A better option would be trading/selling the lease. MB Financial will transfer leases so someone in or around DFW might want a commuter for $139/mo. There are a couple websites dedicated to selling/swapping leases. I kinda bought too many miles. So far I've logged 16,800 of the allowed 45,000. That should make it a bit more attractive.

I will miss the easy parking and economy but the pull of my hot rod roots can no longer be ignored. I'm currently torn between a SLK55 and a CLK550. So far, the CLK seems to be winning the battle. The winner will be decided after the smart is gone.

I haven't been much of a contributor to the forum but I've learned a lot on this site despite being an employee of a MB dealer with a smart center.

Thanks for having me around.

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
Welcome and sorry to say-- good bye. As a hot rodder the smart is just the opposite of your desires, just remember however-- you will not be noticed as much, especially at the gas station where you will be just one out of many... e pluribus unum.

·
Registered
300 Posts
I picked up my 2013 Passion 18 months ago and it's time to part ways.

The car came along as a temporary fix to replace a daily driver that was on it's last legs. I wasn't ready to take on a new car payment so I grabbed a cheap smart lease.

It's been an interesting year and a half. Being a hot rodder and old car guy you folks can imagine what kind of grief I have gone through. :D
It's been called my wee beastie, nerdlet, Urkel, and tons of other names.

Trading the car isn't much of an option. I would come out in the same shape if I paid off the remainder of the lease. A better option would be trading/selling the lease. MB Financial will transfer leases so someone in or around DFW might want a commuter for $139/mo. There are a couple websites dedicated to selling/swapping leases. I kinda bought too many miles. So far I've logged 16,800 of the allowed 45,000. That should make it a bit more attractive.

I will miss the easy parking and economy but the pull of my hot rod roots can no longer be ignored. I'm currently torn between a SLK55 and a CLK550. So far, the CLK seems to be winning the battle. The winner will be decided after the smart is gone.

I haven't been much of a contributor to the forum but I've learned a lot on this site despite being an employee of a MB dealer with a smart center.

Thanks for having me around.
I believe the Smart shares the same chassis as the SLK55?

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
Put some racing stripes, a cold air intake, lowering springs, and a performance exhaust and you'll have your hot rod. Just stick the 0.9L in chrome on the back end and you'll have your hot rod buds envious. :D
And don't forget to go to the local Dodge dealer and order the "HEMI" logo for it too.:D (call it Hemi envy)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome and sorry to say-- good bye. As a hot rodder the smart is just the opposite of your desires, just remember however-- you will not be noticed as much, especially at the gas station where you will be just one out of many... e pluribus unum.
I don't think visibility will be an issue...

:D

·
Registered
300 Posts
Put some racing stripes, a cold air intake, lowering springs, and a performance exhaust and you'll have your hot rod. Just stick the 0.9L in chrome on the back end and you'll have your hot rod buds envious. :D
The front of these cars remind me of Barney the Dinosaur!

·
Registered
182 Posts
PSSHHH!!

Hot rods are soooo yesterday, besides you know the saying (which is totally true).
It's more fun to drive a slow car fast, than a fast car slow.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts