Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
Austin Tex.

The writer sounds really far "right" to be from Austin:

Anti book, anti gay, anti enviroment. Wait a minute... Isn't Bush from around there. :eek:

A2jack

·
Registered
75 Posts
Consider the source.

These are people who actually drive Hummers and put up w/ 10mpg. As far as politics et al, I'm quite sure I'm not on the same page as they are, thank God(s).

They're not worth our time.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Wow, that guy used a lot of words to say nothing didn't he? You'd think if one was to be a column writer one would do their research and write something worth reading. That article was useless. It must have been a Friday afternoon and he was late for cheating on his wife. :eek:

Why not lengthen Smart 2 feet and squeeze in a back seat?
Because then it would be just like every other 30mpg boring fourdoor sedan on the road. duheeeeeee!

·
Senior Smartie
1,263 Posts
For those who don't have a clue regarding what is coming in the not-to-distant future in the way of motor fuel, I'd recommend their reading the article recently posted on EV World entitled "The Coming Oil Crunch". I realize there are lots of opinions out there regarding peak oil but the evidence is mounting and the day will soon be upon us.
So for those of us who believe in the Smart and preserving what resources we do have left in the way of fossil fuels NOW by thinking Smart, we'll be the last ones laughing as the bigshots with the Hummers and other gas suckers windup waiting in line to refuel as we drive by with still 3/4 tank of gas. :)
Here's the link to the article:
http://www.evworld.com/news.cfm?newsid=16380

PS The writer of that article referred to above should go back to writing in the New York Post or whereever he wrote his trash before. Terrible writing.

·
Registered
522 Posts
"open your mind"

Forbes seems to have published more than its fair share of "smart is dumb" articles. Here are two of my favorites.
Why smart is like UHT milk:
http://www.forbes.com/2006/07/12/unsolicited-advice-advertising-meb_0712smart.html
Why smart is the new Edsel:
http://members.forbes.com/global/2005/0207/056.html
I just can't resist responding to these 3 writers. Tried to email Forbes editors without success. Please excuse my "preaching to the choir."

"Open your collective minds! Our major auto arteries in and out of our cities are rapidly reaching gridlock, as are our inner cities. Smaller does help. 40-60 mpg is far better than 15-25. Hybrids have batteries of finite lifetime, soon to become major landfill headaches. My road bicycle rides with me in my smart with no problem and it's much larger than the morning mail. If I need a larger vehicle, I can rent it.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. All 34,000 of us open minded beholders."

So much for my preaching....thank you for your patience :rolleyes:

·
Registered
359 Posts
Oh, how embarrassing to have Ben live in my city. At least we got rid of Bush, although the solution to that one turned out to be not so great. :rolleyes:

When I get mine, I think I'll drive it to Ben's office and offer him a ride.

·
Registered
721 Posts
I wanna replace the horn with the loudest one I can find...but keep the little one on a separate switch.

That way I can WAIL at the dummasss who wants to turn left in front of me and "mmeeee meeeee" at the guy pumping gas into his LAND ROVER...

;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts