Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Thinking of buying a used 2013 smartfortwo- Any advice?

Hello. I am new to the fourm and thought, why not come to the people that know these cars best. I am in the los angeles area and have already found a mechanic in the west la area that someone recommended. I will be asking them to give the car a once over before making the final purchase. It is also nice to know that a local mechanic will be able to work on maintenance( oil changes etc)

Here is a little info on the car i am looking into--

2013 Smart Passion in Silver and Black with Black Leather seats.
37,000 miles with one local Carfax Certified owner.
Balance of factory warranty till 10/2017 - 50k.
Passion Package (Alloys, A/C, Smart Radio, Rain and Light Sensor, Power Windows, Heated Door Mirrors). Appearance Package. Cruise Control. Comfort Package (Power Steering, Heated Leather Seats) Plus BRABUS 6-Twin Spoke Wheels.

They are asking 7k for this car, is this a fair price, and what do you think i can talk them down to? I currently drive an acura tsx and was looking for a smaller car to drive around locally( store, gym, movie outings) I dont think I will drive it much on freeway so it will be used for local street driving only.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Sounds like a good deal. You might get the price down some. See if you can take it out for an extended drive. Maybe an hour. The car is a little quirkier than your Acura. Takes a little time to get used to the transmission. It's the perfect city car. However I've driven mine from Flagstaff to Yuma on 7 gallons of gas. So it's good on the highway too. My friend has borrowed it to go from Yuma to LA on numerous occasions. He's made a few trips to Colorado to see his daughter. First trip he claimed it only cost him $33 to get to Colorado. On his LA trip one time he said it got 54 miles to the gallon.

Start reading some of the posts here. You'll find some of its amazing safety features, that have been field tested.

Good luck on your purchase.
Rick.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts