Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got an 08 451 and really thinking of installing the lambo door hinge kit , has anyone else done this and how hard was it to do .

·
Registered
7,662 Posts
Our old smart service manager installed them on he’s smart car. They would bounce up and down in the door sills. While driving. Scraping up the paint. smart madness can give you some advice, on Installation. Their car, with them installed at the Nationals here.

Here’s a video of some installed.l

·
10Year+ Supporting Member
3,659 Posts
What a repetitious video! How many times do they need to show the guy getting in and out of the car? The thing I don't like and they did not show, is how much of the front door jamb is cut away for the new hinges.

·
Vendor
3,628 Posts
What a repetitious video! How many times do they need to show the guy getting in and out of the car? The thing I don't like and they did not show, is how much of the front door jamb is cut away for the new hinges.
Hello 1983JZR3W,

The installation of the vertical door kit on the smart is a much more in-depth process than typical bolt ons.

I do have a photo of the fender/door jam trimming on our smart with the vertical door kit installed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts