Smart Car of America Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
The dealer told me 60-90 days from configuration time just a few minutes ago. He said the DDE estimator is not accurate at all but from the date I gave, he said I should have it by April (for what its worth).

·
Registered
11,472 Posts
The dealer told me 60-90 days from configuration time just a few minutes ago. He said the DDE estimator is not accurate at all but from the date I gave, he said I should have it by April (for what its worth).
I'm already at 138 days since I configured and NO car! :mad:

·
Registered
277 Posts
I configured on 8/28 and am picking up my car Saturday (1/17). I was told that about a month of that was because there was a delay with the Rally Red cars.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I PICKED UP MY 2009 RED CABRIO TODAY!
Reserved Aug 23, 2008
Configured Sept 9, 2008
The ship arrived in Baltimore on Jan 11, 2009
Car arrived at dealer in Fairfield, CT Jan 16, 2009.

·
Registered
48 Posts
configured 11/11/08, no car yet, DDE keeps jumping around, as of today ETA is 03/10/09 to 06/08/09.

I am determined to only take the car I ordered, or an exact matched orphan. (It has been tempting several times, but I am sticking to the my original rational for getting one.)

·
Registered
241 Posts
Time between config and delivery ?

With all the inventory at our local smart center (Indianapolis) and the others around the country, I really see no reason to put your $99 down for a reservation. You can pretty much WALK IN and DRIVE OUT! :D

If you don't want to configure your own and you want to pay extra that would work but I like the price I got when I configured and for similar units on the lot the price is higher so I can wait.

dink

·
Registered
180 Posts
I configured 11/07/08. Got the '90 day' e-mail on 12/11/08. Received car ????, as in 'not yet'.

I've rsvp'd to the Dallas smart Center's party this Saturday, so I think I'll just mention it.. Don't know why, but I think I remember that they said they're actually due a shipment that day, so maybe mine'll be on it... (pace, pace, pace, bite fingernails, pace, pace...)

·
Registered
6 Posts
I configured my Brabus in Nov 2008 and am still waiting for a DDE to show, although the Dealer told me it would be made in May and I should be getting it sometime in June 2009. How accurate have the Dealers been?

·
Registered
48 Posts
A couple of hours after my previous post the dealership called to say that my car is built. I now have a VIN. They say it should be here in about a month. Is this realistic?

21 - 32 of 32 Posts