Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK Folks

I know that many of you are anxiously waiting to custom order a new 453.

My dealership just got the word that is it now possible.

We are requesting a signed buyers order AND a $1000 deposit.

Unfortunately, ONLY 453 hard-tops are available (the convertible will come later).

If you are in/near the Washington DC area, we want your business.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Is the first round still not customizable? I had heard of the first round of deliveries being pre-set by the factory, but I'm not sure if that's true or not.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I have some that are due to be built in late June and I was able to change specs on those (our 1st allotment). I have about 10 more due to be built at a later date that are 'changeable' too! So, you should be able to spec out what you want!

*** Also in defense of the other dealership, we charge 10% deposit on all our cars (Smart, Sprinter & Mercedes-Benz).

·
Registered
291 Posts
So at $1000 / 10%, that means MSRP is ten grand??

Your confusing two different post. Someone previously posted their dealership will order one for $,1000 deposit and a signed 'purchase agreement'. Then there were a few surprised or shocked responses, thinking that was too much.

I stated that it was indeed very fair, as we won't order a car for less then a 10% deposit and a signed 'purchase agreement' for all three of our brands. There have been zero complaints and I am ordering 4-5 cars a month (Mercedes-Benz & Smarts).

MSRP on a 2016 453 Smart Pure is $14,650 + Destination charges.

·
Premium Member
7,596 Posts
I stated that it was indeed very fair, as we won't order a car for less then a 10% deposit and a signed 'purchase agreement' for all three of our brands.

The $99 refundable deposit was a Penske deal at a very different place and time.

Today no smart Center wants to gamble on owning a lot full of "orphans."

If you want a 453 "your way" you pay to play.

Or you can gamble on that vanilla factory/dealer build lot selection?

·
Registered
665 Posts

I stated that it was indeed very fair, as we won't order a car for less then a 10% deposit and a signed 'purchase agreement' for all three of our brands. There have been zero complaints and I am ordering 4-5 cars a month (Mercedes-Benz & Smarts).

And for the ED buyers that's a lot of money on the table and out of pocket for a car that seems can't be delivered. Eloder knows all about that. Not sure how much of a deposit he put down or when but if you have ED buyer orders, they too must be pretty ticked off.

·
Premium Member
7,596 Posts
And for the ED buyers that's a lot of money on the table and out of pocket for a car that seems can't be delivered.

. . . if you have ED buyer orders, they too must be pretty ticked off.
Believe that this thread is MY2016 453 ICE specific? MY2016 451 ED and the eloder case are a different can of worms.

From some indications, the MY2016 451 ED may be done or at best is/will be a short run? :shrug:

·
Registered
665 Posts
I realize the 453 was the brunt of the conversation however you introduced the 10% deposit to order a new vehicle at your house. That would also apply to ED orders, right?

If you have orders on the books for the 16 EDs your customers might be as frustrated as Eloder and they put down more for the ED since it costs more.
For the coupe here in Canada that would roughly $2700 put down if the same 10% was required. That's a fair bit of coin shelled out and anyone at your place or any other dealership sitting on that money and no product coming, might have others, like Eloder a tad upset.

Maybe any ED order customers at your shop don't care, or maybe your lucky enough not having any orders outstanding and been caught up in this delivery fiasco.

·
Registered
11,472 Posts
Believe that this thread is MY2016 453 ICE specific? MY2016 451 ED and the eloder case are a different can of worms.

From some indications, the MY2016 451 ED may be done or at best is/will be a short run? :shrug:
I realize the 453 was the brunt of the conversation however you introduced the 10% deposit to order a new vehicle at your house. That would also apply to ED orders, right?

If you have orders on the books for the 16 EDs your customers might be as frustrated as Eloder and they put down more for the ED since it costs more.
For the coupe here in Canada that would roughly $2700 put down if the same 10% was required. That's a fair bit of coin shelled out and anyone at your place or any other dealership sitting on that money and no product coming, might have others, like Eloder a tad upset.

Maybe any ED order customers at your shop don't care, or maybe your lucky enough not having any orders outstanding and been caught up in this delivery fiasco.
Not to fret....as soon as those EDs pass emission tests....they will be delivered :p

·
Premium Member
5,764 Posts
Remember the story of the vehicle inspection station tech. that demanded a tail pipe to place the probe in? If I remember correctly, a tail pipe was mounted temporarily to provide a place to put the probe in and Lo and Behold, the car passed with flying colors. :D

·
Registered
4,476 Posts
It will be a 2017 'model'. But, should be here along with the 453 Cabriolet in time for a spring
launch in 2016! :nerd:

Is that unofficially official? What's your confidence level in that date? Before your crystal ball goes dark, when will a Brabus 453 be available?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts