Smart Car of America Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Is that unofficially official? What's your confidence level in that date? Before your crystal ball goes dark, when will a Brabus 453 be available?
Yes, unofficially official. Granted 'spring release' is vague. But, it wouldn't make sense to launch the Cabriolet at any other time. Since the EV is tied into that launch, seems it will be a tandem launch. No word on availability on the Brabus. I will admit the silver one in the spy shots look very intriguing!

·
Premium Member
7,593 Posts
Granted 'spring release' is vague. But, it wouldn't make sense to launch the Cabriolet at any other time.
Spring - the season after Winter and before Summer (March to May) in which vegetation (and cabrios) begin to appear.

Great second wave of cabrio and ED model introductions. Hope they have a pipeline of inventory rather than just a tease demo per Center with no product till Fall?

·
Registered
291 Posts
We have 40-50 units sitting at the prep center, on ships and waiting to be shipped from Europe for the September launch.

Should be same deal for 453 Cabs and EV's for spring.

·
Premium Member
7,593 Posts
We have 40-50 units sitting at the prep center, on ships and waiting to be shipped from Europe for the September launch.
So you have 40-50 stateside backed up to Smartville that are committed September inventory for your smart Center.

Any speculation on the B'bus launch?

·
Registered
665 Posts
Given my brief history with the Smart shenanigans, I have doubts that this spring will feature EDs in our showrooms. Sure they might be showing them in the spring to help create interest, but I the fall would be my bestest guess!0:)

Another factor to consider could be the acceptance of the ICE version. Lots of interest and orders might delay the ED a little. Just saying.

·
17,360 Posts
$1000 deposit!!!! Now that is some funny stuff right there.
I'm beginning to fear what the MSRP is going to be. A month from launch and there's no mpg data, no crash test data, no pricing, not even a confirmed release date.

There's a press drive sometime this month starting in Portland...smart USA is so quiet that not even the Portland dealer knows about it.

I mean I know automakers are slow to release information, but smart USA has pretty much just fallen asleep behind the wheel.

·
Registered
665 Posts
After seeing the item in Automotive news about the ED's coming as late as 2018 I went to their site and spotted something under the Smarty search. MB US is not going to import the Forfour, only the Fortwo.. To me that makes sense as there are too many small four door cars already and some are way better than others.

·
Registered
665 Posts
From Automotive news...
"The Smart microcar will continue to be a niche product in the U.S. with annual sales of about 10,000.
Management has chosen to sell only one car here -- the miniscule ForTwo and not the four-seat ForFour. There's concern there wouldn't be demand for a tiny four-seater.
ForTwo: The redesigned ForTwo two-door car goes on sale in November. The 106.1-inch length stays the same.
The ForTwo has a turbocharged, three-cylinder 898cc engine with 89 hp mated to either a five-speed manual or a new six-speed dual-clutch transmission.
The new front axle was adapted from the new-generation Mercedes C-class sedan from parent Daimler.
The ForTwo will be freshened in 2018.
A plug-in electric version goes on sale in 2017."

·
17,360 Posts
Oh wow, I didn't know this wasn't in General. :sorry:

On topic: We're about to reach mid-month. sUSAi's Admins haven't added any additional info. Out of curiosity I called out to my local dealership. They're accepting "reservations" despite not knowing a single thing about the 453. :(

21 - 34 of 34 Posts