Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone tinted the roof glass?

My tint guy is just not sure about it sticking.

Also do you have to remove the rails/frame for the black sliding cover or does it pop out somehow?

Thanks

2013 smart for two

·
10Year+ Supporting Member
3,571 Posts
I spoke to a very well know tinter in my area when I had my windows done. He said that due to expansion and contraction of the roof, he could not guarantee the work and did not suggest doing it.

·
Registered
729 Posts
It won't tint. It flexes and expands/contracts too much. Best bet is a diy shade or buying a shade for it. The roller shade does very little. I picked up this whole set for my smart when parked but leave the roof one in all the time.

And they fit nicely in the tailgate.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
221 Posts
We get something here called Solyx Film and I see they're in Texas as well: Dallas Texas Commercial and Residential Window Films | Solyx Brand. I don't see a similar application in their gallery, but over here it's used, inter alia, to tint the type of curved polycarbonate awnings and skylights you'd find in some houses and also at many large buildings' entrances. I promise myself that I'll investigate it at the beginning of every summer, but haven't got around to it yet... :(

1 - 6 of 6 Posts