Smart Car of America Forum banner

Tiny cup holders!

15K views 22 replies 16 participants last post by  Rambo4 
#1 ·
I just got my 2016 Prime yesterday and quickly discovered that not one of my current water bottles fit the cup holders. Has anyone found one that fits? I saw one with the logo on Smart Madness that I like but it seems way too big at the base. Thanks!

#6 ·
This one fits very well. There are other brands that make this form factor but I don't know them off the top of my head

#10 ·
I'm able to fit my 32oz stainless steel Pelican tumbler in the cup holder every morning and every afternoon for my 1-hour drive to/from work. I do know that the cup holders are smallish, but the rubber gives to grip the cup, so it works well. Sure, I'd like more cup holders or more cup holders...but I didn't get the car for features outside of fuel efficiency! Driving 600 miles a week requires high mpg!

#11 ·
My front cup holders don't have any kind of rubber - they are just hard plastic. The one between the seats does have rubber but it's still too small for any of my existing cups (from 16 oz to 32 oz sizes). I finally found an adjustable adapter that fits the front ones that should hold any size cup. I also found a similar cup holder mount with a Pop Socket to hold my phone too so I'm finally all set for my 2 hours daily in the car! (y)(y)

#13 ·
Amazon, of course! Here's the adjustable cup holder: Amazon.com: Swigzy Car Cup Holder Expander Adapter with Adjustable Base - Rubber Tabs Hold Most 32 - 40 oz Bottles and Large Cups: Automotive

I haven't received it yet but I have high hopes...

And here's the Pop Socket phone mount:

I've been using this since yesterday and it's great!

#15 ·
Well, the cup holder expander arrived but unfortunately it did not fit in the front. The diameter wasn’t the problem, though - it was the lip on the edge of the cup holder that kept it from sitting in there properly. It does fit nicely in the rear cup holder, though.
Vehicle Car Auto part Family car Compact car

#17 ·
Well, the cup holder expander arrived but unfortunately it did not fit in the front. The diameter wasn’t the problem, though - it was the lip on the edge of the cup holder that kept it from sitting in there properly. It does fit nicely in the rear cup holder, though.
View attachment 62457

View attachment 62458
Looks great. I need a cup holder expander like that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.