Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just needed to vent out, but woke up this morning and our neighbor had called and said you may want to check out your car. Something happened to it during the night.

Woke up and found my SmartCar was tipped over on the sidewalk. This really infuriated me considering I had to go to work. Now I have to be in late.

GRRRR! Just annoying how people can be. I swear if I found who did this I will hunt them down like a deer.

Anyway, I had to vent. Thank you for listening.

Well also if there are any Smart Car owners here in MD, just keep an eye out on your Smart Car. I live in a safe neighborhood and this incident still took place.

·
Banned
4,883 Posts
Ouch!!! That sucks!!! Find the idiots that did it and give us a call... :mad:

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Where in Maryland do you live?

I can vouch that the Euromotorcars body shop does phenomenal work... sorry to hear that this happened to you.

·
He's not mine
9,617 Posts
Apologies to my boss, but if that were to happen to me, getting to work on time would be my smallest concern. In fact, I most likely wouldn't be at work at all that day.

Sorry to hear about this. :(

·
Registered
965 Posts
Sorry to hear of your loss. Do the smart community a favor, don't take pics and post them. Chances are the kids in your hood are behind this.

·
Ex Admin/mod.
9,491 Posts
Where in Maryland do you live?

I can vouch that the Euromotorcars body shop does phenomenal work... sorry to hear that this happened to you.
'fdelapena',
Feel your frustration. Glad you could vent and hope you can get it fixed asap. Your Profile says you're in Rockville, therefor relatively not too far from Germantown...
Good luck.

·
Registered
4,829 Posts
I'm sorry to hear this :(

The immaturity level of kids is beyond me...even some adults.

I hope the police can find fingerprints and maybe skin cells for DNA. Hope you post updates your your situation.

·
Red Roller Skate
3,895 Posts
I'd shot to kill too.

.... fortunately spit balls and straw don't work so well since I don't own a gun.

:p

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
That is not a nice way to start off a Labor day weekend. I do hope your able to get it repaired soon, and may the silly fools who did that to you suffer from the clutches of the Montgomery county police. I understand they show no mercy, BTW I would not either. :mad:

·
Premium Member
5,763 Posts
I don't think I woulda told that!

Or posted a picture of that either for that matter. Way too familiar.,,
:p

Truly sorry about the tumped over incident of the OP.
I too would have had to take a day off. Totally ruined my day, yes it would have.
Again my condolences for your baby. How bad was the Tridion damaged? Was that the worst of it?

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
Cool name, Doctor Who Fan?

Sorry, this should have been a PM to Badwolf

Sorry to hear about your smart getting tipped.
Ditto the print/DNA response, the Police should be able to find some evidence on the car?

I would be very upset if it happened to my smart.

BadWolf

Really cool name, guessing you are a Doctor Who fan?

First thought for my custom plate was going to be TARDIS
(cause it's bigger on the inside than it looks from the outside)

But it was already taken by another Whovian

Next thought was WHO 1 (Bessie) but it was also taken (and my smart isn't yellow)

So I settled on CABR10 (not Who related, but easy to remember)

Hope to see you on the road?

·
Registered
311 Posts
BadWolf

Really cool name, guessing you are a Doctor Who fan?

First thought for my custom plate was going to be TARDIS
(cause it's bigger on the inside than it looks from the outside)

But it was already taken by another Whovian

Next thought was WHO 1 (Bessie) but it was also taken (and my smart isn't yellow)

So I settled on CABR10 (not Who related, but easy to remember)

Hope to see you on the road?
Not to get off the subject, but yes- I'm a big Doctor Who fan. :)
....Cruising the streets of Western New York! :)

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
That really sucks. I'll guess that the little (unprintable words) didn't know or care that by tipping the smart, there's damage to the car. :mad:

Bob Diaz

·
Premium Member
10,363 Posts
That really sucks. I'll guess that the little (unprintable words) didn't know or care that by tipping the smart, there's damage to the car. :mad:

Bob Diaz
Or how much it costs to repair. I remember one Smart having to pay about $1000 to have his Fortwo repaired after it was tipped. :eek:

·
Premium Member
11,309 Posts
Hopefully they caught the perps and at LEAST made them pay for the bill, then spend some community service time cleaning streets with their toothbrushes...

1 - 20 of 106 Posts