Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I just noticed that my preowned 2013 Smart was missing the tire pump and the sealant was expired. After pricing the pump and a bottle of new sealant I decided to find an alternative. I bought the Slime Smart Spair kit on Amazon for 19 bucks. It includes a bottle of Slime, which I have used in the past with great results, and a compact tire inflator with gauge. Just trimmed the sealant well for the larger bottle of Slime and placed the inflator fit where the original one was. Just throwing it out there for anyone who wants a cheap and easily replaced kit for their Smart.

·
King of Smart Gadgetry
1,075 Posts
When I bought my Smart it also was missing the slime and the air compressor. I found a mini air compressor from Harbor Freight that fits in the existing spot without any mod at all. And the best part of it was it was under $9. You can sometimes find the orginals for sale on Ebay but this is a cheap and easy to find alternative. DCO

https://www.harborfreight.com/12v-150-psi-portable-inflator-63109.html

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I priced the original pump on ebay and they were at least 70.00 plus shipping...Crazy price for a little pump. The pump that came with the slime can be used by itself in a pinch to top off a low tire as well. And I like the slime you buy in the store. I have used it in the past and it works well. Just gotta remember to change it out every 2 years or so....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts