Smart Car of America Forum banner

What tire is everyone using?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking to see what tires everyone is using in there Smart?0:)

could be same on all four or separate front/back.

need to replace my stock tires with something that will provide a better ride/handling/traction in the wet/light snow.>:D

·
He's not mine
9,607 Posts
195/50R15 on four corners. Michelin Pilot Exalto AS on rear, BF Goodrich g-force sport comp 2 on front.

Not much ice experience with this configuration. But, handles wet very well. Corners very well.

The Michelins are no longer available in this size though. And, the BF Goodrich are not recommended for Winter.

·
To the XCAPEPOD!
6,076 Posts
185/55 Kumho Ecsta 4x all season tires on Rial 15x6 rims front and rear.

Edit: A few more details...

I've been running 28 psi front and 34 psi rear for a balance between ride and handling. These Kumhos do well in the wet and the little bit of snow I've driven them in wasn't a problem, but I usually take the truck if it's really bad. They are vastly better than the barely-all-season Primewell 195/50s that they replaced in the slick traction department. And, I think the narrower contact patch helps slick traction as well.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
right now i am looking at pirelli P4 four season or General AltiMAX RT43

they both have good reviews on tirerack.

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
Still running stock sizes front and rear. Been through two sets of Conti's, and now about 2/3 of the way through a set of Kumho's. I like the Kumho's better... They run a lot quieter, and seem to maintain grip longer.

·
Registered
35 Posts
195/55/15 Firestone all around, so far very pleased, no rubbing, better ride. Need to be careful on ice with wider fronts but handles snow great.

·
17,349 Posts
195/50/15 Kumho Escta AST on all four corners.

Epic dry performance.
Mediocre wet performance.
Bloody awful snow performance.

·
Registered
275 Posts
225/35R17 Yoko S-drives on the rear and 194/45R16 Yoko S-drives on the fronts using Carlsson Smart Wheels 1/11 EVO BE (16" fronts, 17" rears). I keep 'em filled with nitrogen. It feels good with 32 PSI on the fronts and 36 PSI on the rears.

·
Registered
100 Posts
195/40/17 Yokohama S-Drives front, 205/40/17 S-Drives rear on Genius wheels. Will be changing rears to 225/35/17 ASAP.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Ditto here. But like whitenblack08 I prefer the kumho's also. The conti's give me a loud road noise.
Pretty much the same except they're Eco Conti on the back and Pro Conti on the front. (Will be going bigger later when it's time to change all four again. These should last for quite a bit if I rotate on schedule.

-C

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Summer Shoes: 195/50R15 Yoko S.drives on 6.5x15" Darwin Genius wheels on all four corners. The "ballet slippers."

Winter Shoes: OEM staggered 9-spoke alloys with currently WS60 Blizzaks, which I think suck out loud and will be replaced with Conti WinterContact TS800s as soon as I possibly can. The "Snowshoes."

1 - 20 of 20 Posts