Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have never had sensors nor do I know what ours look like. Sometime ago someone posted that Ebay had a set of 4 for $55. Is there a p/n for these that I can search for because the info I put in does not seem to work?

·
Premium Member
7,615 Posts
I have never had sensors nor do I know what ours look like. Sometime ago someone posted that Ebay had a set of 4 for $55. Is there a p/n for these that I can search for because the info I put in does not seem to work?
On eBay @ "4 for $55" - likely old takeoffs with dead (non-replaceable) batteries? And yes, they do age out regardless of miles . . .

Heck, had I known you were in the market I'd have sold you my (DEAD) OEM sensors for only $50??? :wink:

·
I'll figger this car out
287 Posts
Really, are these TPMS sensors necessary?

Some people consider me a fanatic because Saturday morning, especially in the summer, everything that rolls gets a full fluids check, battery post inspection and tire pressure check all the way around.

I just got a 2009 451 with a dead battery and am slowly starting to unravel the mysteries of these cars, even though I worked for Chrysler and then for Daimler for several years. Still looking for a factory service manual like Mercedes sells, even if on CD.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Try this one
https://drive.google.com/file/d/16AIzeHlfdksd4wfNTCP4luBemTO7C0p8/view?usp=drivesdk

Really, are these TPMS sensors necessary?

Some people consider me a fanatic because Saturday morning, especially in the summer, everything that rolls gets a full fluids check, battery post inspection and tire pressure check all the way around.

I just got a 2009 451 with a dead battery and am slowly starting to unravel the mysteries of these cars, even though I worked for Chrysler and then for Daimler for several years. Still looking for a factory service manual like Mercedes sells, even if on CD.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts