Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What type of tires and wheels are you guys running? I've got 155/60r15 on the front and 195/55r15 on the rear. Got the standard steel wheels.

·
Premium Member
11,310 Posts
You don't have a lot of options with the steel stock rims, If you pick up a second pair of rear rims, you will have more options as the stock front rims are 4.5 inches wide and the rear are 5 inches wide.
Another option is to pick up a set of 4 aftermarket rims 6 inches wide and you can run just about anything.

I have 4 rims 6 inches wide and run 195/55-15 altimax all season that do a much better job absorbing the bumps. Also better handling in side winds.
Some light reading for you..
https://www.smartcarofamerica.com/forums/f409/you-member-i-can-rotate-my-tires-club-25415/

·
Registered
239 Posts
Yes, was shopping for tires and found out that Yokohama has discontinued the 225/35/17 SIZE...
They still make the S-Drive, just not that size anymore.

I went to Ebay and found the only tire in that size is a Accelera Phi R; was $167 shipped for a pair.

So I'm running 185/50/16 Yoko Blue Earth AE-50 Front, 225/35/17 Yoko S-Drive and Accelera Phi R Rear on custom rims.

Way quieter than the Contis :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts