Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Special "One Time" Opportunity for a FREE Colgan Custom Smart (451) Brabus Bra/Nose Mask ($175 Value)

I purchased my first Smart Car this weekend. (January 27th, 2017) It's a '14 Black Smart 451 BRABUS Edition Coupe with 25k miles.

I love my first Smart and already know this won't be my last. What's funny is, my hobby is auto racing. I race on NASCAR Super Speedways like Daytona, Charlotte, Texas and Atlanta, as well as short tracks like Memphis, Greenville-Pickins, New Symrna and Florida Speed Park. I run as many road courses as possible, to hone those skills too. I'm an oval racer first, but love anything to do with Motorsports.

The Smart is a blast to drive. I like the "clutchless" manual transmission. I could see early on from reading Smart Car reviews, this transmission is greatly misunderstood.

I've only had my Smart Brabus for three days and already installed a cold air intake, deleted the resonator, installed a Go-Pedal, installed Brabus chair rail covers and added a Brabus shifter w/leather boot and electric start.

With only 25k miles on my "New to Me" Smart Brabus, I immediately noticed pitting and road chips all over the front spoiler, hood and front fenders of my Brabus. With evidence of so much exposure to the elements, my first thought was, "I can't be the only one with this type of wear and tear on my Smart."

I immediately reached out to multiple car bra manufactures to purchased protection for my 451 Smart Brabus. I only found one manufacturer that offers a bra/nose mask. The company is Colgan. I attached a picture of one of their products on a yellow Smart Passion. It looks awesome. Not only does it add a sportier, richer look to the car, but protects and covers scared fenders, hood and air dam.

The Problem:

No vehicle bra company has a product specifically for the 451 Smart Brabus Edition. They received inquires from Smart Brabus owners, but haven't had a collective inquiry, to justify creating a product for 451 Brabus Edition owners.

The Solution:

I was promised, Colgan would make the same quality bra/nose mask as seen in the attached picture, for Brabus owners, if we can get 20+ Brabus owners to commit to ordering a Smart Bra when they become available. This would be a "no money" down...verbal commitment.

The Plan:

Colgan is based in Los Angeles, CA. Any 451 Brabus owner who is willing to let Colgan use their Smart Brabus as a model to measure and fit the finished product, will receive their bra/nose mask FREE! :)

The Cost:

The cost of the finished product to Smart Forum 451 Brabus owners, will only be $175. $175 includes Free shipping and No tax.

I hope 451 Smart Brabus owners are as excited about this product as much as I am. It will provide the finishing touch to an already sharp looking vehicle. It's a Win-Win! Improves the appearance of our Smart car and protects the vulnerable front plastic body panels that are exposed to the elements and unexpected hazards of the roads we travel.

Next Step:

I'll be more than happy to coordinate and communicate the level of interest from 451 Brabus owners from our forum to my point of contact at Colgan. I can bi-laterally communicate to everyone who is interested from our forum to our champion at Colgan via group email.

Again, no money will change hands until any of us is ready to place our individual order. Please don't respond if you don't have a true interest in potentially moving forward with purchasing a bra/nose mask. If your situation changes before the product is ready, you don't have to purchased anything and no financial info will be submitted until you are ready to order you own Smart Brabus Smart Bra. At that time I'll provide you with the Colgan contact info and you can complete your own vetting of the company and product yourself.

What's in it for me:

I only want to purchased a bra/nose mask for my "New to Me" 451 Smart Brabus. Unless Colgan can find enough Brabus Smart Car owners interested in purchasing their product, they won't be able to justify producing this for Brabus owners. I live in Little Rock, so I won't be able to use my vehicle as the donor car, so I'll have to buy my Smart Bra just like everyone else for $175.

If interested and would like to add your name to the list of interested 451 Brabus owners who want to purchase a Smart Bra, please send me your name and contact info in an email. I'll blind copy everyone on all future email communication to Colgan, in an effort to keep everyone informed.

See attached pics...

Contact Info:

BlackBrabus
Kevin Weisinger
[email protected]

Please forward to any 451 Smart Brabus owners.

Thank You!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
There are a few different possible Brabus front spoilers. I don't have a Brabus, but I retrofitted one of the front spoilers, so mine pretty much looks like this in the front:

http://www.thetorquereport.com/asse...rtwo_10th_anniversary-thumb-530x353-21407.jpg

EXCEPT MINE HAS ROUND FOG LIGHTS INSTEAD OF LED DRLS.

While I'm in LA and can loan my car, I finally got your picture to load and my "retrofitted" Brabus front spoiler doesn't look like that I'm afraid....

Hmmm. They didn't come with the rear Brabus spoiler??? One like this:

http://www.smartcarofamerica.com/forums/f353/adjusting-rear-glass-door-129665/#post1439561

(I retrofitted this one as well).

·
Registered
386 Posts
Not sure how different my 2010 is, but with the different fog lights it might be different. I do like how form fitting the bra is and as you can see on mine I have some rub marks from curbs. Not sure how much more it would cost though being up here in Canada with the exchange and shipping costs but I have not seen anyone making one specific to the Brabus.

Attachments

·
Registered
386 Posts
Something that occurred to me, would a wrap be better? Bras used to collect dirt underneath and if not cleaned would wind up scratching the paint....

Here's a link to the material.

Matte black and carbon fibre vinyl for sale | 3M Vinyl | Vehicle Wraps in Ontario

and here's a link to someone who wrapped their smart in matt black.

Matte Black Smart Fortwo Car Vinyl Wrap By Carbon Demon

This might be a bit over the top...

http://www.carnewschina.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/a-smart-silver-1.jpg?x21786

·
DrKillerBee
1,488 Posts
I have the clear auto bra on my 13 Bee. It is invisible and totally protects the paint and stripes. If you don't have a franchise in Little Rock you can do a short road trip to St. Louis where mine was done by a franchise that does most of the high end cars in St. Louis.
This picture has the clear auto bra applied but you can't see it. You would want to paint the offending pieces and allow a month after the paint is applied before having the clear auto bra installed.
Please ignore the dead bugs (which come off easily.)
Tossed in a second picture that you may like. (Thunderhill Raceway)

Attachments

·
Registered
49 Posts
I live in Manhattan Beach and I have a 2015 Brabus with less than 3000 miles on it but I would have some concerns about possible leaving my car their and it getting damaged. I wouldn't mind having a bra but how long would they need the car for and where are they located? Los Angles is a big place. Do they just need to take some measurements? Or do they have to push and pull the bra on my paint thus possibly scratching the clear! Ask them for me and let me know. Measurements are fine but I don't want my paint scratched! This car is perfect and I want to keep,it that way. Let me know.

Hartmn

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Your 2010 front end looks identical to my '14. The cutouts for your fog lights are the same as mine, just different type of lights. I like the look of your blackedout front grill. You'd be able to purchase a bra if you wanted to.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for sharing the pics of the wrapped Smart. The wrap looks great. The reason I prefer a bra over wrap, is primarily cost. I like wrap that isn't clear, but labor cost to apply wrap can be cost prohibitive. You can buy 4 to 6 bras for the price of getting the front end wrapped one time. One advantage of a bra is you can remove it, then put it back on wherever you want. Clear wrap can turn yellow over time. I've had bras on many vehicles and never had a problem with paint underneath the bra. The only issue I've had is the beating my front end took by not having protection.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wow! You have an awesome looking Smart. That's one of the nicest cars I've seen. Love the wheels. I'm jealous! You have my favorite number...13. I like yellow. Yellow, White and Black are my favorite colors, in that order.
That's a great pic of you on the race track. I can't wait to get mine on a road course. My next Smart will be a Cabriolet.
If the clear wrap does ever yellow...no problem! Lol
If I had a new car and wrap was close in price to the price of a bra, that would be my choice. Cost is the difference maker for me, but the fact my Smart already had chips and pitting on the front from normal wear and tear when I purchased it, a bra is my only option. If all things were equal and my Smart was New, I would do what you did. I wouldn't want to cover up your front end...it looks too good with stripes.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Colgan is located downtown LA from what I understand. I can get the address for you. You don't have to leave your car. You can take it to them to be measured and return to have it fitted. Your car is in "0" danger of any blemishes from being handled by the bra manufacturer, but they are bonded and insured just in case something happens while in their possession. I'd love to see the pics of your Smart.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The first thing we need to do is recruit 20+ Brabus owners to verbally commit to buying a bra. Once we do that, Colgan will commit to producing a bra for us.

Thanks for your willingness to assist. Your efforts deserve a free bra, if we can generate enough interest.

Thanks!

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts