Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As a member of the committee who helped put together the August 17th Lombard St. group photo and rally, I just want to personally thank all the smart car owners, passengers and supporters who made it all possible. True, the pictures clearly show the magnitude of the event, but without your patience, sense of humor and superb driving skills we never would have made it through the event without a mishap! I challenge any other group of car enthusiasts to do what we have just accomplished! 140 smart vehicles on a hill at the same time! Go figure!

I had a great time, and I truly hope you did, too! It was a pleasure!

Until next year's event...:)

·
Registered
414 Posts
As a member of the committee who helped put together the August 17th Lombard St. group photo and rally, I just want to personally thank all the smart car owners, passengers and supporters who made it all possible. True, the pictures clearly show the magnitude of the event, but without your patience, sense of humor and superb driving skills we never would have made it through the event without a mishap! I challenge any other group of car enthusiasts to do what we have just accomplished! 140 smart vehicles on a hill at the same time! Go figure!

I had a great time, and I truly hope you did, too! It was a pleasure!

Nice seeeing you again, Bob. You, Kathy, Christopher and all the other committee members did a great job. A record-breaking event, indeed....:)

·
Registered
810 Posts
...I had a great time, and I truly hope you did, too! It was a pleasure!

Thank you Bob!!! and everyone who put together this historic event. I was honored to participate while enjoying every minute.

After seeing all he great photos I can't tell what was more fun, driving or watching the caravan.

Thanks for all the hard work.

·
Banned
4,888 Posts
Bob - Thanks for Greatest smart meet to date!! You and the rest of the committe who organized and ran this meet are very special people. I managed, within the short time I had, to meet Chris but missed everyone else. Can't wait for Next Year!!!

·
Registered
101 Posts
To all the "Orange Shirt" volunteers...

What a fantastic event and an historic achievement. As organizers you should all be very proud. I don't know you by names, but I will tell you that your organization skills and your passion for the smarts is obvious and you should be publicly congratulated for your efforts in pulling it all together.

As a participant, I was proud to be car #112 (roughly) in the pack, and although only my drivers window can be seen from the bottom of the hill (and likely my entire face will be made up of only 6 pixels), I have shown photos to everyone I know. My Windows Desktop is a beautiful photo from the bottom of the hill, and my screen saver is a selection of pics that I took. Everyone comments on how fun the event must have been, and I tell them it was something I'll never forget! Years ago I was a participant in a Corvette Rally with about the same number of vehicles. Lined up on the side of the road there were Corvettes as far as you could see in both directions. This event was similar, only the line was a lot shorter - HAHAHAHAhahaaaaaaa... Ugh.

Lastly, I have a much greater respect now for "hill start" transmissions! Not much terrain here in Hollister, but wow, those hills getting to Lombard Street were a real test. I've been driving for 30+ years and was still glad I didn't have to deal with a standard clutch. I suppose if you live in that area you get used to it.

Congrats again to everyone, and let the record stand!

Jim

·
Registered
525 Posts
I say Thanks to all who helped, all who participated and to all who let us do it!!

It was amazing to see all the people looking out the windows as we threaded through the city!

there was a lot of patience from the people who let us get through the intersections to the Homeowners at Lombard.

The Orange Shirts had it going on!

Thanks to All, even if you didn't have an orange shirt on!!

really could not have been done without this high level of commitment.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Great! Awsome! FAB! Pretty Darn Good!

Thanks to all the Orange shirts. Best event of the year! Lets see someone top it. I don't think it can be done.

Also thanks to all the others that participated and helped, even if you didnt have on an Orange shirt.

We have been to a number of the PT Cruiser events and they have had some great events. This was right up there with the best!

Let the planning for the next event begin.

How about a curise to Tahoe or thur the wine country or the gold country or some of the Christmas parades. A nice group of 200 or so for a Christmas parade could be fun. A rund on the Delta Loop could be good. We need an event about every 2 or 3 months.

We need planning committe .... Jason, you are nominated.

Great fun, my grand kids that followed with their mom and dad had a great time.

Dick n DJ

·
Registered
156 Posts
Ditto - Ditto - Ditto - to all of the above.

To the Committee - KUDO's to you all. You did a fantastic job, the likes of which will be a long time coming by anyone else. You helped make history in these little cars!
Congrats.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Thanks to everyone for a great event. Well worth the 1700 mile roundtrip drive. Sorry we couldn't make the meet-n-greet, but we were able to make the OR line Sunday night even with a stop off in Mendocino. Now we just have to decide where to put our sticker.

Brent & Erica
white/black cabrio

·
Registered
759 Posts
Hello, all!

The Lombard event was a blast. So much so, that I'd like to copy it, but with my new ride (sorry, I'm no longer a smart owner!)

Anyone on here that helped organize? I'd like to pick your brain.

Best,

geosynch

1 - 12 of 12 Posts