Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
(OK, it actually IS Monday on the east coast.) Is it true that batches of confirmation e-mails are released on Mondays? If so, does anyone know what time of day this happens? And how many are they sending each week? Dying for information! :(:(

tm

·
Admin emeritus
3,974 Posts
I would really like to know... Have we learned anymore about these batches... How many have been sent out? Are there any patterns?

·
Registered
264 Posts
watch out Shack01- many posters find it offensive if we try to figure out when we might get our actual cars delivered

poor PAG has SOOOOOO much to do- we really shouldn't be bothering them with our petty concerns like the reaaaaaaaaaaaaaally difficult question of what our numbers actually are (as opposed to our secret code) on the waiting list and how many/month are scheduled to be coming in each month after 1/1/08. That would be a back breaker!

/:-(

·
Registered
931 Posts
Mixed emotions. On one hand depressed that I found out about the smart car, joined this forum and also reserved late in the game (10/1). On the other hand happy that my anxiety does not date back to 3/19.

:D

·
Registered
197 Posts
My confirmation email arrived on 10/3 (Wednesday) @ 7:41 PM.
I originally reserved on 3/19 (first day possible) @ 8:02 PM.

Hope that helps...:confused:

·
Registered
517 Posts
That made me laugh, Carnut - nice. Considering how much I've been hanging around here lately, I think I agree too.

The bad news is that amount of insane jealousy I'll have once I hear people repeat over and over and over again, "I got mine!" while I'm still waiting for the confirmation email.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Look on the bright side.

You'll get to see all those "I got mine!" photos of smarts in every conceivable color combination before you have to make your final selection... :D

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Look on the bright side.

You'll get to see all those "I got mine!" photos of smarts in every conceivable color combination before you have to make your final selection... :D
Right on.....I'll be jealous when you actually have your car.
Then I'll drive you all nuts with real questions people can actually answer. :)

·
Senior Smartie
1,263 Posts
Latecomers advantage

Right on.....I'll be jealous when you actually have your car.
Then I'll drive you all nuts with real questions people can actually answer. :)
Late comers will be able to see the future unfolding, both good AND bad (hopefully not too much bad) right before their very eyes. They also will have the advantage of knowing certain idiosyncracies before they own one so that when they get theirs, they'll be able to act on them immediately....the earlier owners will be creating the learning curve and all other things experienced.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Omg!!!!

WhoooHooo! :) :D:) I'm sitting in a hotel in Buffalo checking my e-mail and lo-and-behold, THERE IT IS! Came in last night (Monday) around 9PM. User name, password, the real deal. I've been doing the Smartie dance for 10 minutes.

Now, of course, the pressure begins to REALLY pick colors, body style, etc. I thought I knew 3-4 months ago, but as a regular reader, I'm waffling now between cabrio, plexi roof, white, yellow . . . Oh the dilemma. And only one week to decide.

tm

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Shack01

Shudup!

:p
OK just kidding...I thing Lewis and I are the most POed and jealous nut-cases out here...us/we getting mighty impatient is not your fault

Vegas begs for White/Black with beige interior and solid top and A/C

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yea, after I posted I realized that others on the forum may not share my enthusiasm. :rolleyes:

BTW, if it helps, my reservation was made on 3-22-07 and the analysis of the res number on another thread was correct in my case. Some good detective work there.

Cheers!

tm

·
Smart A**
1,141 Posts
WhoooHooo! :) :D:) I'm sitting in a hotel in Buffalo checking my e-mail and lo-and-behold, THERE IT IS! Came in last night (Monday) around 9PM. User name, password, the real deal. I've been doing the Smartie dance for 10 minutes.

Now, of course, the pressure begins to REALLY pick colors, body style, etc. I thought I knew 3-4 months ago, but as a regular reader, I'm waffling now between cabrio, plexi roof, white, yellow . . . Oh the dilemma. And only one week to decide.

tm
What was the date of your original reservation?

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
What was the date of your original reservation?

Late in the afternoon 3-22-07. Would have been sooner but had some troubles with the web taking my credit card.

SOOOO, we just pulled the trigger on a red cabrio with red interior, silver tridion. (sorry fredvon4, altho the storm trooper look WAS tempting and we did consider it). Nine spokes was the only choice for wheels. $18k so far.

tm

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
Ours came Tues the 16th.

We reserved 3-22-07. 0rdered yesterday.

Yellow/black tri, Passion. Loaded. Standerd radio has MP3 jack.

Added: leather heated seats, Fog lights, and anti theft.

They would not take order for extra wheels and tires. :)

A2Jack

·
Smart A**
1,141 Posts
We reserved 3-22-07. 0rdered yesterday.

Yellow/black tri, Passion. Loaded. Standerd radio has MP3 jack.

Added: leather heated seats, Fog lights, and anti theft.

They would not take order for extra wheels and tires. :)

A2Jack
Heeyyy!! You ordered the same exact configuration that I did.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I'm a res holder as of 3/19 and got my confirmation email back from them at 9:02 Eastern time that evening after reg'ing at around 6:00. I think I'm pretty darn early on the res list, at least I hope so.

I've got 2 smarts on the way, a yellow passion with black tridion cell and leather seats, loaded, and a blue passion w/ gray tridion and leather seats fully loaded. I'll post pics in the gallery when I get them. I pretty much got every option they offered and will probably add the nav system accessory if it's decent.

Res holder event is the 24th October for my area. I'm pretty excited. I'll post pics in the gallery. :D:):rolleyes:

I think we smart enthusiasts are a different breed. I hope the test drive lives up to my expectations.

·
Registered
347 Posts
2smart4u, I've driven both the new 451 gas model and the Canadian 450 cdi diesel model. Both were an absolute delight to drive. Both were perky and responsive, if not real rockets. But speed is not the point of a smart. Unless you're speed hungry, you'll love your test drive. Watch for the slightly slow shift into second gear in auto mode. DON'T lift your foot off the gas! Better yet, use the manual mode and the steering wheel paddle shifters. It's a real blast! And don't be afraid to nail the throttle! It's really fun!
Notice the ease of entry and exit, and the amazingly comfortable seats. Also the accurate steering and the easily modulated brakes.
I'm jealous that you've reserved two of these little dream boats!

Enjoy your test drive! :)

Bruce - red/silver/red Passion coupe

1 - 20 of 26 Posts