Smart Car of America Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
WhoooHooo! :) :D:) I'm sitting in a hotel in Buffalo checking my e-mail and lo-and-behold, THERE IT IS! Came in last night (Monday) around 9PM. User name, password, the real deal. I've been doing the Smartie dance for 10 minutes.

Now, of course, the pressure begins to REALLY pick colors, body style, etc. I thought I knew 3-4 months ago, but as a regular reader, I'm waffling now between cabrio, plexi roof, white, yellow . . . Oh the dilemma. And only one week to decide.

tm
Can you please post a video of the "smartie dance" on YouTube so we can all see how it's done? :D

·
Registered
75 Posts
2smart4u, I've driven both the new 451 gas model and the Canadian 450 cdi diesel model. Both were an absolute delight to drive. Both were perky and responsive, if not real rockets. But speed is not the point of a smart. Unless you're speed hungry, you'll love your test drive. Watch for the slightly slow shift into second gear in auto mode. DON'T lift your foot off the gas! Better yet, use the manual mode and the steering wheel paddle shifters. It's a real blast! And don't be afraid to nail the throttle! It's really fun!
Notice the ease of entry and exit, and the amazingly comfortable seats. Also the accurate steering and the easily modulated brakes.
I'm jealous that you've reserved two of these little dream boats!

Enjoy your test drive! :)

Bruce - red/silver/red Passion coupe
Thanks Bruce. 6 days and counting.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts