Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
San Diego to Tecate. Wow is that ever a fun road in a smart car. Top down, nice weather, (a little cool higher up so ran the heater on max...with the top down. :) That is a great ride. Anyone done that run? Had lunch across the border, and then back the same route. Yee haw. And no bugs in my teeth. :) Had the little CDI pinned to the floor half the time to hold the speed up the hills. Don't use the paddles much but did today.

·
Registered
8,967 Posts
..if you like that one you'll love Highway 1 to Ensenada and then take 3 west over the mountains to Ojos Negros / Real del Castillo.....the closest thing to the Dragon run I've ever taken...

Jetfuel.....do it.....

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
..if you like that one you'll love Highway 1 to Ensenada and then take 3 west over the mountains to Ojos Negros / Real del Castillo.....the closest thing to the Dragon run I've ever taken...

Jetfuel.....do it.....
Did it in a motorhome about three years ago...but it wasn't the same. :)

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
...I can't imagine that on a motor home...

Jetfuel...you're out of your mind radar...then again,,,
Just a little motorhome. This one has been to 25 Mexican States (maybe one or two more) in the last 5 years. More than 30,000 Mexican Miles on her....and many more to come. Had her stuck up to the axles on a beach in Baja and clinging to the side of a washed out mountain road in Oaxaca. Crossed into central America at Belize and parked along side pyramids in Maya Belle. Lotsa Memories. Slow and steady, slow and steady. :)

El Requeson. 4 bucks a night. :)

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You mean Mexican kms :D
Yah I guess so. :). But then the number will be a little higher b:). Had to do a little work to the front end last year. Those Topes do wonders for the suspension...especially the ones you don't see. We counted over 200 Topes from Huatulco to Acapulco. Way fun.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
It is nice to hear from folks who understand why we have been living in Mexico for well over a dozen years. We are at Lake Chapala, as some of you know, in the state of Jalisco.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts