Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I took my car to Towbin for a check engine light (secondary air intake) and what a scary experience that was, They told me my car was the first one they ever worked on (I should have just got back in it and left then) I told them what the problem was but they said "they had to hook it up to their computer", And it would take about 2 to 3 hrs.
Now I hooked it to my code reader before I took it to them and that took me about 2 mins, Also I thought to myself, Self, if my car was the first one to ever be serviced then there should not have been any cars ahead of me right? (simple math) why should it take 2hrs? So after about 4hrs they called me and said they were having trouble with their PC but they were getting a new PC shipped out Monday come pick up my car NOT FIXED and bring my car back on Monday (Yeah Right!!!)
I dont think they know what they are doing yet so beware or good luck if you take your car in for service at Towbin Las Vegas. I can just picture them scratching their heads when they open the hood and only see washer and brake fluid and sayin Hey Chopper!!! Where is the engine?
Im driving my car back to Salt Lake this weekend where I got it to get it fixed...

·
Registered
359 Posts
Maybe it took them that long because they each had to have time for a quick joyride. Did you note the mileage when you dropped it off and when you picked it up?

·
Admin emeritus
3,974 Posts
When I lived in Las Vegas I too used a Towbin dealership although I only have great things to say about it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts