Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Back in the early 90's, I recall reading about a car that was like a Swatch watch. I was a child then, and thought that the idea was neat.

Fast forward to 2008 when I bought my first new car. I felt that the Smart was too small & quirky, so I bought a Yaris named Eunice.

Fast forward to 2011 when I decided I "needed" more power and options, and made the huge mistake of buying a new Scion tC named Rex. Great car with wonderful options, but it was as awkward as having a crush on a hot straight friend! I regretted it from the start, and thought that it would grow on me. It didn't. The car was powerful, had awesome options, and I received a great deal on it. Unfortunately, like I mentioned, an awkward car. Too big, too powerful, and terribly inefficient.

So...

For the last three months I had been tossing around the idea of ditching the Scion, its expensive tires, and unbearable gas mileage. Yesterday I took the plunge and bought a beautiful used 2009 Smart Passion Cabrio that was owned by the dealership manager's wife, who had almost every option.

My only complaint is that I didon't buy it sooner! The car is wonderful thus far! Going from an HD radio w/ touch screen/iPod/8 speakers/steering wheel controls was an adjustment, but I couldn't be happier! The compliments and questions are a blast, the putt putt sound is great, the gas gauge doesn't budge, parking is a breeze, it is comfortable, heated seats are a nice touch, and I have no problems doing the speed limit! It is a wonderful car, and I (so far) would suggest it for anyone!

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
A lot of us here have known that feeling since they first arrived on our shores in '08. :>) I'm still loving mine and wouldn't trade it for anything else! Welcome to the club.

·
He's not mine
9,619 Posts
Glad to have you aboard SCoA and the smart family. Now, upgrade your sound system, and it will be complete. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts