Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Driving today. Made a right turn and the signal clicker was going about
twice as rapidly as normal. MMM. Got out turned on signal and sure enough, the right rear turn signal wasn't working. Went home and looked the problem up on smarteviloution. Had bought a box with all the lights needed for replacement in a smart. Voila! It was easy. Went in through the access panel on the right side of the cargo bay and reached in pinched the release lever on the light shoe that fits into the rear tail light and the top bulb was indeed burned out. Replaced the bulb snapped the shoe back in place and all is well. Took all of three minutes.:)

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have had to replace that one twice in the last 6 months. The first time it went out I looked in the owners manual to see how to get to it, and one of the former owners had the bulb part number written on the page that told me how to replace it. I guess that should have been a clue to buy more than one package of them.

·
Registered
301 Posts
I'm still waiting for the proper LED type bulb to arrive in the mail, even the ones on eBay that's a CANBUS Compatible tend to not work properly in my experience. Third times a charm with the Chinese supplier?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts