Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok general question, let me explain first..
my 450 smart (2005 turbo with s.mann mods) pegs at 80+ or so on the speedo..
but what is the top speed?

the reason i ask, driving to the movies down an interstate in upstate NY where its rural, (cows, farms, not much of anything).. Im doing 75 with my 14yr old son and nearly nobody on the road, im in the left lane (road is smoother) and out of the blue, some dolt in a subaru pulls next to us , AND FORCES US OFF RUNNING ME INTO THE MEDIAN!! i stand on the binders get back over downshifting, then back up to catch this idiot, and get a tag number. we hit 90 in seconds, the GPS said 125 when we caught up, and im still not in the red yet in 6th gear.
I get a tag number and my son calls it in... (they were high as a kite I later found out) ..
so what is the top speed? I wouldnt do it again, but this Smart sits lower, stiffer springs ect, and remapped.. so im better off then the average Joe Smart owner..
anyone want to jump in?

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
With tire circumference, redline rpm and final gear ratio you can calculate the theoretical top speed. You may or may not have sufficient HP to get there.

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
It could be, the car is long geared. My 450 diesel is remapped now and it's apparently good for over 100 MPH.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts