Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really don't want to do a flush and searching through the forums most of the answers are vague or confusing.
Simple question is what can I use to top off my smart I'm right below the min line.

I hear the general consensus G 05 coolant.
Problem is that it is yellow coolant and mine is blue do I mix them? Manufacturers warn not to mix but everyone keeps suggesting G05.....

what do I do help please.
2008 Smart Cabrio

Your guidance will be much appreciated!

·
Registered
211 Posts
Pentosin (Blue) was the oem fill for a lot of European cars, including Smart.
It's still used in BMWs and Volvos; maybe go to their service dept and get some?

Here's a Rockauto link for the 451, but yes, don't mix colors.

·
Registered
3,035 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
I wouldn't worry about the coolant level being just below the minimum line when cold. If you want to top it off, I would add some distilled water to bring it up to the lower line on the recovery bottle. Make sure the cap is tight & check periodically.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is 325.0 the correct Sheet No.?

I think it is but not certain:

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk
Thank you looks like my local stores have some G48 I'll be picking up some of that after checking out the spec sheet,
thank you everyone for your answers I really appreciate it. I live in montana and we do not have a dealership here lol.
Imust rely on the knowledge of the internet.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I wouldn't worry about the coolant level being just below the minimum line when cold. If you want to top it off, I would add some distilled water to bring it up to the lower line on the recovery bottle. Make sure the cap is tight & check periodically.
I live in montana so the suggestions of adding water is a no go for me as we have some of the harshest winters in the states!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Pentosin (Blue) was the oem fill for a lot of European cars, including Smart.
It's still used in BMWs and Volvos; maybe go to their service dept and get some?

Here's a Rockauto link for the 451, but yes, don't mix colors.
thanks this site looks like it has some good prices on parts I'll be using it in the future!!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Color really doesn't matter. Just get the correct one or use a universal one.
They just say don't mix colors if you don't know what you are doing or know what coolant is in there now as there are different bases and additives.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts