Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Parts necessary to repair fortwo EV?

hi all.

I recently got into a minor accident with my 2014 EV. the steering wheel and left knee airbag deployed. the car doesn't turn on anymore -- it appears that may be some sort of safety feature. insurance has deemed the car totaled but I'd like to repair it since external damage isn't visible. has anyone repaired their smart after airbag deploy?

my understanding is that all I would need to fix the car would be:

steering wheel and left knee airbag:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Smart-Car-...747973&hash=item35e6b3da7b:g:WawAAOSwpDdVAdJH

and some sort of airbag sensor module that hasn't been deployed. does anyone know of the module I should purchase? is there a manual that I can use so I can reset the airbag light after I install the new airbags?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Does anyone know how to reset the airbag light and/or have a service manual for the 2014 EV? I need to replace steering wheel and left knee airbags in addition to whatever is necessary in order to reset the airbag light.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I’ve removed the airbag sensors befor to work on my car the are easy to replace I don’t know the part number though. As for the light I used icarsoft scanner to reset the lights

·
Registered
146 Posts
The traction battery has a pyrofuse that may have gone off which is probably why the car won't turn on anymore. the fuse will need to be replaced for the battery to work again. You may want to contact someone who knows something about high voltage batteries. I would not however contact smart or MB. They will probably tell you they own the battery from an old BAP contract.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
The pack is disabled with a pyrofuse is located under the carpet under the driver's seat and can be easily replaced. There may also be some kind of software reset to do - which can only be done with a dealer's STAR syatem.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts