Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
743 Posts
Just a quick note on base plate installation. If you are planning on having someone like a shop install your base plate be aware that it is one of the more complex installs out there. It will possibly ad another $3k to the cost of the unit. If I were you and really want a smart for a toad I would look for one that is already set up for towing. By the way here is my setup.

·
Premium Member
743 Posts
We love it. Have been a smart car owner since 08. Put dow the $100 bucks and waited and waited. Sold that one several years ago and purchased this mint, at the time, 14 BoCocept Cabriolet. Currently have 26K on him. There was a guy that just sold a complete set up 2012 smart on the the View/Navion Facebook page for less then $4k and it only had 49k on the clock. Check out all the typical rv sites for one. They are out there. Then you can just go pick it up with your RV. BTW, what kind of RV do you have?

·
Premium Member
743 Posts
That is an interesting set up. Here's mine. All Blue OX with runaway cables, brake away cable for RVI 3 brake system, wire connector for lights. In normal mode you see very little on the car itself.

·
Premium Member
743 Posts
Early on, been a member since 2007, there were a couple of owners that had the shifter move out of neutral during towing. That destroyed the transmission. So most of us kill the power to the car for that reason. Another thing is bungie cording the steering whee. Some do some don't. To each his own. I prefer to do both. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.