Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am from Oregon, USA. I can't seem to find a tow hitch for my 2016 SmartCar ForTwo Prime addition. It would be great to know if the 2015 Curt Tow Hitch will work with my current model. Anyone have a recommendation or suggestion?

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
iPad not going to the correct link!

I see U-Haul lists one but looking at the instructions seems like the one for the 451!

·
Premium Member
718 Posts
Been discussed in the thread jwight lists above. With the pull out of the ice 453 I would expect a hitch from any after market vendor is a non starter. Too bad as smarts are great for towing small things such as kayak trailers or mounting hitch type bike racks. In fact it's the only reason keeping me from buying a 453 cabrio.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Been discussed in the thread jwight lists above. With the pull out of the ice 453 I would expect a hitch from any after market vendor is a non starter. Too bad as smarts are great for towing small things such as kayak trailers or mounting hitch type bike racks. In fact it's the only reason keeping me from buying a 453 cabrio.
I agree with you.
Here is a link to a like thread about the unavailability of 453 trailer hitches.
http://www.smartcarofamerica.com/forums/f208/trailer-hitch-2016-453-a-118018/

1 - 6 of 6 Posts