Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
663 Posts
TOW MINI TRAVEL TRAILER. This looks small and it supposedly light weight. :cool:

specs. Even thought it indicates light in weight but still too heavy for a Smart to two. Not having the AC might make it lighter in weight. :cool:
Thats an awful big frontal area. I agree though, the AC can go.

We just came back from a fantastic weekend with our little tent trailer. Had a great time. It is the farthest we have gone (210 KM round trip) through hilly country. Kept it one gear up from normal, kept the revs between 2400 and 3200 all the time and never pushed the pedal more than half way to avoid any chance of overheating. Never used 6th gear once and kept it at about 90KMH average. There was three of us in a convoy, two class C motorhomes with V10's and me in the rear. I was waiting on them on every hill and the combo drove effortlessly. I didn't weigh it this time but suspect I was a little lighter at around 530 pounds or so. Hitch weight around 60.

This picture taken at another time.

·
Premium Member
10,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
tow mini tent trailer

Thats an awful big frontal area. I agree though, the AC can go.

We just came back from a fantastic weekend with our little tent trailer. Had a great time. It is the farthest we have gone (210 KM round trip) through hilly country. Kept it one gear up from normal, kept the revs between 2400 and 3200 all the time and never pushed the pedal more than half way to avoid any chance of overheating. Never used 6th gear once and kept it at about 90KMH average. There was three of us in a convoy, two class C motorhomes with V10's and me in the rear. I was waiting on them on every hill and the combo drove effortlessly. I didn't weigh it this time but suspect I was a little lighter at around 530 pounds or so. Hitch weight around 60.

This picture taken at another time.

Those are nice photos. Sounds like a grand adventure. :D

TOW MINI 6 TENT TRAILER.
Their tent trailer is even heavy.

·
Registered
663 Posts
A dry weight of 620 will come in about 820 loaded. Too heavy for a CDI but probably doable for the gassers.

Their Motorcyle trailer even comes in about 75 pounds heavier than the timeout trailer. Prettt much the same design though.

·
Registered
663 Posts
This is the quicksilver from the livin lite folks.

And this is our timeout. (set up at home to dry out after a rainy weekend)

I like the camo design. Very similar dimensions. Somebody copied somebody.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Do you know the website this company has? Name of company or trailer? I have my sites on a used one. Do you know the weight of the motorcycle one? Both hitch & dry?

·
Premium Member
10,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The Tow Mini Travel Trailer site seems to be gone. I checked and it is empty. I am glad there was other similar trailers mentioned above.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts