Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone knows if there will be any towing options on the Smart? Also what kind of racks are going to be available for bikes/boards/kayaks etc...I'm hoping I will be able to use this car when I go up to the mountains and stuff. Also, has anyone heard about how well the traction will be?? I really want to be able to break it into the outdoors!! :)

·
Registered
77 Posts
Disconnect the trailer. One guy in back and one in front and just lift it off and sit it down on the gound. No biggie.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Maybe just an optical illusion from the shadows but the picture of the guy with a lot of money and a Smart car on the back of his hauler appears to have a significantly overloaded travel trailer....

Note the squat of the rear of the hauler.... It takes a significant amount of pin weight to squat one of those rigs..... hummmm

What we are seeing is an special offset 5er extension on the trailer so the owner can have the Smart car where it is... I RV trailer a lot and I can tell you this guy is not too Smart.... if this is not just an illusion

·
Registered
108 Posts
Also, has anyone heard about how well the traction will be?? I really want to be able to break it into the outdoors!! :)
The traction and handling is really well designed and thought out. It has stabillity control with individual wheel breaking, acceleration skid control, hill start assist, abs, corner breaking control, break assist, etc. If you stop by a dealer and pick up a brochure it contains all the safety and handling information and explains exactly what they do.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Smart Car Towing and Racks

In answer to the question about towing, and racks, Smart Car Universe sells bike racks and ski snowboard racks for the Smart. The Sport Rack snowboard/ski rack fits on the roof, and the Sport Rack bike rack fits in to the class 1 receiver hitch.
And, to make things even better, Smart Car Universe sells the Rack and Roll Rack Trailer system which can hold everthing from Thule, Sport Rack, and Yakima including bike racks, kayak racks, canoe racks, and roof boxes to name a few!
For more information you just go to:
www.smartcaruniverse.com

1 - 12 of 12 Posts