Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
11,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With Christmas aproaching I was wondering if anyone had seens any Smart cars in the toy departments yet. I am not looking for a perfect replica but a Toy. Matchbox, Hot wheels, Micro Machines, RC Cars, Power Wheels, anything along those lines. And If you have seen them, have they been 451 or 450's?

·
Registered
8,967 Posts
yes...at the SCIndy...and for sure at all of the SC'S....but not Wallymart or the other discount stores...

jetfuel

·
Registered
282 Posts
With Christmas aproaching I was wondering if anyone had seens any Smart cars in the toy departments yet. I am not looking for a perfect replica but a Toy. Matchbox, Hot wheels, Micro Machines, RC Cars, Power Wheels, anything along those lines. And If you have seen them, have they been 451 or 450's?
Try eBay. The one I've got was made by Siku and is Matchbox size (1:50)

·
Lifetime Member
11,307 Posts
Ditto- when you go to the store instead of looking through ALL the Matchbox cars look for a number 29 in the bottom right hand corner (Matchbox the brand NOT Hot Wheels or anything else). It's a maroon 450 with black tridion. In the 5 packs there is a yellow with black tridion available too but it is getting harder to find. I haven't run across a red one like xrayguy32 posted a link to.

Now if you are just sticking with Smarts and don't mind it not being a 450 or 451 there is a Roadster available in Wal Mart - color is black but it clearly has all the Smart emblems with nice detail. It's a Maisto but not labeled as one and can be found in the "cheap car" section.

Good Luck, it's not very often I run across the Smarts and diecast is the first place I go to whenever I enter a store. I'm a recovering addict of collecting little cars for over 30 years - got thousands and thousands of the little buggers.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Got a 1:18 from the LA Auto Show this weekend but it is the 450 and comes with a different color set of panels to swap out. It is the Maisto brand.

·
17,344 Posts
Go to your dealer, they should have them. Mine has Pures, Passions, and Cabrios

·
Banned
4,888 Posts
I have found smart cabrios in Matchbox multi packs and in single car packs out here in nowhere Oregon. I would expect the larger areas would have them as well.

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
I have all the toys Bum-bling-B mentioned, I got the yellow-black cabrio in a 5 pack for $4.97, and the ruby red-black cabrio for $0.97 from Matchbox at Walmart, and the black Roadster and a bigger yellow Roadster at Walgreen's, I don't remember the exact price for those.

·
17,344 Posts
............also the ones i'm talking about ARE 451s. REALLY ACCURATE models!

·
Registered
833 Posts
If you look in my gallery, I have a few smarts left I brought back from Germany. I would probably sell a few. My wife would like that.

·
Banned
5,087 Posts
yes...at the SCIndy...and for sure at all of the SC'S....but not Wallymart or the other discount stores...

jetfuel
YEA, if you want to pay $55 for a 1/18 scale diecast! sorry, i'll pass!

http://www.smartcarofamerica.com/forums/f4/various-diecast-smart-car-colors-available-11798/

I just picked up a 1/12 cabrio at SC Saarbrucken for 20 euros too. But lots of kiddie toys too, but true.....gotta really look.
"SC Saarbrucken"? is that German for "Sears & Roebuck"??? :D

·
Lifetime Member
11,307 Posts
Here are some of the Matchboxes you can get. As I said before....yellow and maroon (or "Ruby" if may) can be found in stores right now.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts