Smart Car of America Forum banner

1941 - 1960 of 1960 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,170 Posts
So Sorry to hear about your Mom !

I lost my Mom about 4 years ago. I think of her daily, She is still with me, and some day we will be together again. Appreciate the time you had with her, and the good times together. That is what She would want.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Paul, I am so sorry for your loss. There's just no one like Mom!

I always thought of my Mom and Dad having a cup of coffee and catching up on all those years apart!

·
Registered
271 Posts
Wow born around the 20's she saw some amazing stuff in her life. Sorry to hear of your loss and really hope you and your wife are doing well.

·
Registered
4,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,954
There was no particular reason for putting this here other than this thread was something I started a long time ago...My mother was a driving force for me, just like Frankensmart...
If the mods would like to move it, I have no problem with that...
Thanks to everyone for your condolences and prayers...

Paul

·
I'll figger this car out
337 Posts
Keep in mind that I want to work with an engine and transaxle package.
I prefer to stay away from current iron as I don't want to get into electronic integration of trans and engine control like we currently deal with. No one has "cracked" or offered up any hardcore hardware to reprogram what we have so I'm going older school on this except for the stand alone control for the engine..
Have you thought of a Citroen 2CV engine? They were made new up to 1990, many around, can be imported no problem (I have about 10 of them plus transaxles) or its bigger brother which is a 1.3l engine. These are simple gas engines that may limit you to 80 mph, though.

·
I'll figger this car out
337 Posts
Have you thought of a Citroen 2CV engine? They were made new up to 1990, many around, can be imported no problem (I have about 10 of them plus transaxles) or its bigger brother which is a 1.3l engine. These are simple gas engines that may limit you to 80 mph, though.
You could always use a VW engine if you wanted old school simple mechanicals. That's why I like non-electronic diesels. I'll survive the nuclear holocaust and I can even create re-usable fuel filters!

1941 - 1960 of 1960 Posts