Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
TPM sensors....Autel MX vs. Shrader 28214 .. which one?

So I have had a Tpms light on since I bought my smart with 86k miles. I recently had them all scanned and found that one was not giving a reading.

And it made sense too.. that wheel also came without a center cap. Seemed like something had gone on with that wheel.

So we thought the sensor might be damaged but we did find the sensor intact, so then to replace it..

The person with the scanner tool an autel ts601 also has the autel mx programmable sensors. He installed one in the wheel. Got a reading from it.

He plugged into the cars obd II port and says the tool picked up that the car was reading all the sensors now.

The light was still on. I figured I had to drive for at least 10 minutes then press the dash button, but the light hasn't gone off. Still blinks for 60 seconds on startup and then stays on steady. Blinks 5 times if I press the button, while driving, then stays illuminated.

I happen to have a "no programming required" shrader 28214, that's identical to the one removed from the wheel. Think I should have just installed that one from the get-go? Think that one will shut this light off?

I like the idea of an identical replacement for balancing issues as well.
Sorry for the millionth tpms thread. I have a 2010 451 fortwo.
Which one would you choose?
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
5 Posts
TPM sensors....Autel MX vs. Shrader 28214 .. which one?

New screen name, same person. I finally got the schrader 28214 swapped in.. what do you know, 5 min and 6 miles up the road... tpms light is off. didnt even need to reset the light.

So don't waste your time with an autel-mx. Some thing's I noticed about the autel...it says 433mhz on it, but the schraders say 433.29 mhz The installer left the autel set screw loose so the sensor was probably flapping wildly. Perhaps that had an effect. And finally, it was smaller perhaps lighter than the schrader that came out. Seems like the wheel balance is smoother with a nearly identical schrader back in place, but maybe thats placebo effect.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts