Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone figured out the cheat to turn off traction control on the new Smart like my old Smart?

·
Registered
344 Posts
Has anyone figured out the cheat to turn off traction control on the new Smart like my old Smart?

Thanks. I sure would like to know what fuse people are pulling that kill the traction control because I had no luck pulling the ESP fuse. I don't have my snow tires yet but I will be ordering them soon. I pulled the ESP fuse thinking that would do it ....it shuts the stability system off but the minute the tires start to spin the power cuts down and they wheels will barely turn.

I posted this under General discussion and nobody has responded yet. I'm tired of getting stuck where I shouldn't be. I pulled the ESP fuse, but the traction control still kicks in. It wouldn't let the tires spin for more than a second. Any other ideas? This is how pathetic it was, I put the car in reverse and left the car to push myself out ...from outside the damn car!

But I couldn't rock myself out. (I will be ordering my blizzacks soon)

And whatever sadist designed the fuse box and access to it, needs to be forced for in a perpetual car pool in DC traffic driving a Yugo!

(I hope MB is reading this, my bloodied, scarred hands thank you. )

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Well.... to help you out a bit... i've come to find that the fuse box is MUCH easier to gain access to if you reach to the back of the glove box and find where the rear part of the fuse box cover meets the glove box and pull the cover off from there, rather than trying to pull it off from the front part of the cover where that little rounded grip is. Might help save your hands next time you need to get in there.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well.... to help you out a bit... i've come to find that the fuse box is MUCH easier to gain access to if you reach to the back of the glove box and find where the rear part of the fuse box cover meets the glove box and pull the cover off from there, rather than trying to pull it off from the front part of the cover where that little rounded grip is. Might help save your hands next time you need to get in there.
Thanks...figured that out but the opening is too small for my hands.....and the fuses are too far from the opening to see what your doing. My bloodied hand blocks my view... took me forever to get that fuse back in

1 - 6 of 6 Posts