Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
curious if anyone else will be trading a vehicle in when their new smart arrives and what it is... I plan to trade in my current commuter car...2000 honda civic with 100,000 miles. Anyone else trading up?!

·
Registered
564 Posts
I'll be keeping my big, bad, enviromentally unsound, politically incorrect SUV for those rare occasions when I tow a trailer or carry more than two people. Should last for ever with the reduced mileage! :p

·
Registered
29 Posts
I'm trading in my MB a 1995 C280. It should be interesting as I'm trading it in at the same dealer that I purchased it in 1997. Let's see if they are as friendly taking it back as they were when they sold it. :)

·
Registered
264 Posts
I doubt dealer trade in values will be very generous when there is a line out the door with people willing to pay cash! Just my take on car purchasing in general.

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
Trades.

Bonnie.

You will always leave money on the dealers table when you trade in. Worse, it enables the "sales schemer" room to move the numbers around to nail you on the end cost of your new car. NEVER TRADE IN!

Private sales can be clean and fast over the internet. We buy/sell many of our cars this way, but for safety we use a site linked to a group of news papers. The seller must place a paid newspaper ad before his/her sale is listed on the internet, so there is some traceability.

If you have security concerns: leave the car with a friend to show and sell for you.

A2jack

A2jack.

·
Smart A**
1,141 Posts
My wife will be trading out her '89 Acura Legend for the Smart. We're actually planning to sell it outright in a private sale for the reason mentioned by a2jack.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts