Smart Car of America Forum banner

41 - 60 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
2,908 Posts
yeah, a 2700 lb tongue weight, you'll be doing a wheelie and not steering! the mount does look robust.
I just tried to find the curb weigh of a 453. Edmunds notes 1984 lbs. Not sure if that is accurate, but, how off could it be? Wow, it's like the Toyota Tundra pulling the Space Shuttle!!!!

·
Registered
42 Posts
I'm to the notion of nothing more that what several good fridge magnets can hold.
With that esp steering combined with fish tailing from a trailer, it's going to be an accident.

·
Premium Member
718 Posts
The thing is many of us like to use the trailer hitch for a bike rack. So without the that option no 453 or Fiat 124 for me..... I'll keep my 451 and Abarth C.. both with receiver hitches for my bike rack.. or my rack and roll for the yaks. Max @ Eagle Lake in Acadia National Park a few years back.

·
Registered
42 Posts
OK I know some web site owners what to pull in traffic at any cost, but really? 5th wheel come on, no effort here, just a junk site. Image captured from a real site.

Attachments

·
Registered
884 Posts
I'm to the notion of nothing more that what several good fridge magnets can hold.
With that esp steering combined with fish tailing from a trailer, it's going to be an accident.
Get a load of this setup Folks. There is a full size car inside and he is towing it from Vegas to Phoenix!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,908 Posts
There's a new person in charge at the U-Haul custom design center. Might ask him. Working on getting my wagon to him on the 27th...

My S212 shows "Hitch" in EPC, parts not available for sale in the US yet for sale in other countries, but for a 453 it is non-existent.

·
Registered
884 Posts
There's a new person in charge at the U-Haul custom design center. Might ask him. Working on getting my wagon to him on the 27th...

My S212 shows "Hitch" in EPC, parts not available for sale in the US yet for sale in other countries, but for a 453 it is non-existent.
With the end of the gas engine smart here and in Canada very little call or incentive for designing, fabricating and manufacturing a new hitch here in North America. Some one off, hand builds may show up at some point, but as far as a U.S. manufacturer making them what would the point be.
You have a super small market, of that you have an even smaller market that wants a hitch. There just isn't a continued profit to be made.
Europe is a different story, there is a hitch available there.

41 - 60 of 99 Posts