Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
164 Posts
Hi, I just picked up my metallic blue Passion today. I see a trailer hitch exists for the car. The manual does not indicate the maximum towing weight. Does anyone happen to know ?
There is no "maximum towing" weight. From page 163 of your owners manual: "The manufacturer has not approved your vehicle for towing a trailer."

Arch

· Registered
164 Posts
You and "Archie'" are another example of people spouting off when they don't know what they are talking about.

The German government has certified the Smart for towing (BTW: their towing regulations are much stricter than ours.

"The German government's strict TUV certifies the smart fortwo to tow a maximum of 330kg (726 lbs) with a maximum tongue load of 30kg (66 lbs) so long as the total weight (vehicle + passengers + trailer + cargo) does not exceed 1240kg (2728 lbs)."

Donald LaFavor
I didn't write the owners manual, Mr Congeniality. Presumably the guy lives in the US, and the car doesn't have a "maximum towing weight" here.

Arch

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.