Smart Car of America Forum banner
41 - 53 of 53 Posts

· Lifetime Member
11,306 Posts
You can get it online for $150. If you go to your local UHaul dealer you can possibly get it for equal or less. There is a bit of a markup on it.

Here's my mini trailer. I'll be updating it quite a bit once I get some time.

· Registered
2,006 Posts
i used a 4 prong plug that comes down underneath on the left side. i got a long drill bit and drilled a hole thru the panel inside by the tail lite wires and ran 1 more wire to the right side for the right turn signal, inside taped down under the rear carpet .
their all ty wrapped to the hitch to the center area. nice, tight and clean install.

· Registered
2,006 Posts
i just orderd my camping trailer to use with my smart.
i should have the camper at home in aprox 2 weeks, 3/28?
im using the e-hitch but its actually a curt hitch. they list it for $149 but free shipping starts at $150, so if you order 1 ft of wire to go with the hitch , it is free shipping.
i have a link to them on my bolt cover web page.
http://style-upboltcovers.com/default.aspx
donnyonee

· Lifetime Member
11,306 Posts
All right Donny - can't wait to see pics of you full setup! :) Neat! We just broke down and bought a cheap Class B van/motorhome so my smarts will become toads - actually they'll just sit on one of my trailers instead of a flat tow so I don't have to modify multiple cars. One of my trailers is a car hauler so I'll probably place my smart trailer on my car hauler trailer attached to the smart itself.

Need to finish the smart trailer soon.

41 - 53 of 53 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.