Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
17,350 Posts
I like how they say that the car sustained "moderate" damage. I always see "moderate" as "bad, but repairable". That smart's life got cut short. :(

·
17,350 Posts
Would you really want an engine out of a car that was shunted by a train? :)

·
OTD3 lifetime Member
2,970 Posts
I like the fact that they attribute the woman surviving because of the smarts steel frame as well as it's light weight and size, they think "it was spun out of the way when the train hit it".

I'm thinking a slower moving train as well.

·
Premium Member
5,764 Posts
I took a moment to read all the dumb-ice comments about the smart. The smart thing that I noticed, was the fact that the safety cage structure did its' job of protecting its' passenger. That sounds pretty smart to me, especially against a train! Trains don't give up much, against a car of any size.

·
17,350 Posts
The comments actually aren't that bad on this one. There are a couple jokes (I'll admit, I laughed at the rabbit one) but it appears mostly everyone is directing their hate toward the driver.

No, the only times smart arse comments toward the car come out are when there are critical injuries, or worse. :(

·
Registered
88 Posts
My guess would be talking on a cell phone. If you look at the picture on the ABC7 link above, it looks like she's leaning on the crossing gate talking on the phone again (I want to say still, but I doubt even a totally addicted cell phone user would stay on the call through the accident!). It is comforting to see a Smart can take that kind of hit and she gets off that lightly, though.

·
17,350 Posts
1 - 20 of 44 Posts