Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my 2012 smart fortwo for a little over a year, and I love it!

However, the other day I ran into an issue that I just wanted to make sure that it was a fluke and not something that I need to get checked on.
I got off of work the other day, and attempted to accelerate, but upon shifting the dashboard screen went blank and I was unable to go into drive or reverse. I restarted the car and tried to shift into gear three times. The fourth time I shifted into manual, and the car worked fine in manual. I drove a couple feet, parked in a different space. Turned the car off. Turned it back on and was able to drive like normal. However, the check engine light was on. Went to autozone and got it scanned and it came up with the error code "P073E- unable to engage reverse" The check engine light has been off, and everything seems to be fine and shifting the way it should be. Just wanted to know if anyone has had this problem, and if anyone could shed some light on this.

-Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
You may want to contact your smart Center Service Dept. and see if you car has had all the software updates installed. There is one that addresses the not going into reverse issue. Hopefully, your issue was just a onetime occurrence, but if it happens repeatedly, I would take it in to your smart Center Service Dept.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts