Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This light came on. It flashes usually when I hit a bump or loose traction. My car did not want to get into reverse this morning took a minute finally . Now the light came on and stays on and my car started rolling backwards at a stop light on my way to work. I’ve just spent well over 2k on it doing repairs feeling a bit discouraged any help is much appreciated!

·
Registered
121 Posts
You can try to reset the ABS module by disconnecting the battery for 30 min. or more. To pinpoint the concern, a scan tool should be hooked up that will read ABS codes. Could be as simple as a wheel speed sensor or a cracked reluctor ring. Getting a code will tell you which wheel to look at.

·
Registered
803 Posts
When my 08 starts losing Reverse, I re-train the tranny. Works after a few tries (rusty memory)...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You can try to reset the ABS module by disconnecting the battery for 30 min. or more. To pinpoint the concern, a scan tool should be hooked up that will read ABS codes. Could be as simple as a wheel speed sensor or a cracked reluctor ring. Getting a code will tell you which wheel to look at.
This is the code that showed up

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was told to buy a new abs sensor for the front driver side tire I just bout one hopefully I can do it myself seems easy enough hopefully!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Check out your left front wheel speed sensor. The tone ring may have debris embedded in the teeth or the sensor air gap may have to be reset. The sensor itself, may also be defective. Now you have a diagnostic path to follow and this should correct your concern and cause the ABS light to go off.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Check out U-Tube and see if there is a tutorial video. Again, check the tone wheel and make sure there are no broken teeth or debris impacted into the teeth. This is also called a toothed reluctor and is usually found on the outer CV joint housing in the front. Good luck.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts