Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can not believe my luck, I work at a golf course part time, I always park in the back of the lot, a place where no one else parks, I worked yesterday, came home and went inside the house because it was a very hot day. This morning I go up to go buy groceries and noticed a dent in the l/h side of the tridion cell, about an inch in diameter.:crying:

·
Registered
922 Posts
Back about 11 or 12 years ago, my son was in little league and was a pitcher. We would throw in our cul-de-sac, him in the street and me on our lawn with nothing behind me. Safe enough, right? The cul-de-sac had a shaped curbing that was at an angle in front of me. One time, he let loose with one low and down away and it hit this curbing, glancing off and bouncing high and off to the side, right towards our minivan. It caught the rear hatch just below the glass. We could see the dent right away. I walked over to it and looked back at my son, who was standing there pretty mortified. I looked at the dent and started laughing so hard I could not stand up. He came over to see what was up and the dent had a perfect impression of the seams of the baseball. We didn't fix it and it was that way on the day we sold it many years later.

So does your dent have outlines of dimples?

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No dimples, actually where I park is no where near the course, I would hate to think someone would intentionally damage my car, possibly they were cutting grass around the parking lot, don't know, well might be a reason to repaint the whole car, I think some Smarts were painted in a Crystal White, a white '09 Brabus might be cool....

·
Registered
922 Posts
Oh. I guess reading that you worked at a golf course, that it was an errant ball that did the deed and gave you that round dent.

Isn't that piece made of plastic? If it is, possibly a heat gun and some light manipulation could pop it back out? If it's metal, a PDR place could take care of it.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Can not believe my luck, I work at a golf course part time, I always park in the back of the lot, a place where no one else parks, I worked yesterday, came home and went inside the house because it was a very hot day. This morning I go up to go buy groceries and noticed a dent in the l/h side of the tridion cell, about an inch in diameter.:crying:
A picture would be helpful. A picture can be posted right on the site.
If the dent is on the metal skin of the cell. I would use Dry ice and a heat gun
I have also used a Bridge puller with good success.

Good Luck

JL

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
We were driving through I think Arizona to OH when my son was yet a baby. In the grocery store they had this "super" ice. I thought it a great idea to buy some, to keep his milk cool. (Strange, they get this key and unlock the box to get this ice). Stuck some packs around his milk. When I went to get the half gallon carton out, it was frozen solid. Now I was in trouble as we couldn't pour it!....

If you can live with the eyesore, the metal will stay stronger the less you "manipulate" it. I agree that if you can live with it, do so. Does Bondo work well for deeper dents???

1 - 6 of 6 Posts