Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering if anyone knows of a trusted Smart car repair shop near Hillsboro or Beaverton Oregon? Bought my Smart new at the Smart dealer in Beaverton but they closed a few years back. I have the gear indicator blinking and the check engine light still on after replacing plugs and coils. Looking for someone trustworthy and affordable that knows Smart cars, if there is any such thing:) I may end up going to a Mercedes dealer if needed.
Thanks, Brett

·
Registered
286 Posts
I have to say that my experience with the MB dealership in downtown Portland has been less than pleasant over the years. Multiple times I've had work not completed, been told the car was ready and shown up to find it was not, and it's just been dispiriting, particularly when you're paying the same premium repair costs as the MB owners and some of the staff treats smart owners like they're too insignificant to bother with.

It's not in Beaverton, but MBI on Hawthorne does smart service, and it's less than two miles from the MB dealership. You might also check with Kuni. They owned the smart dealership that originally opened on Canyon Road a decade ago, and still did some repairs on my smart at their Beaverton repair center after it was closed. Not sure if they still can.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts