Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Switching from a gt20 to a gt1544. Looking to tune this with my SFR kit's ftc-1 but I don't quite understand which values would be best to change just because the turbo got smaller. Wouldn't boostxrpm=same cell value regardless of the rpm range in which it spools? I'm probably guessing that the timing map varies a little more. I figure the map should be relatively similar otherwise, but as always, figured I'd pop on here to ask everyone about what their thoughts are.

If anyone had a base map I could use to get started with besides starting over from scratch with 10's across all cells, you would be the best ever. lol.

·
Registered
3 Posts
trying out a GT1544 basemap to get started.

hello

i just finished my smart fortwo turbo kit . im running into the same programming issues , is your kit a stage 1 or 2 ??? . I have a SFR stage 2 tune but its not working well with my kit, if your interested we can swap .MDB files .

cheers .

·
Registered
318 Posts
I've had the GT15 on my mind...
My GT2052 is leaps and bounds better than the GT2056S but I still am missing that low end...

mhornfeck72205, any pictures of your setup? I want to see how that GT15 fits in there.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Haven't been able to get on here in a bit, been pretty busy.

I tuned up a map that has been working for me pretty well. Timing isn't pulling back anymore and the boost jumps to 2-3psi before I've even rolled <5ft forwards. Under the right conditions I can feel the wheels skip for a split second (215 rear tires) and if I take a turn and drop 3rd to 2nd, I can get the car sideways >:D

Have it set for 10psi but I'm still fighting intake temps and this is making me consider going to maybe 8psi. Averaging around 130f. Its so much more fun on the first two or three pulls with intake temps around 80-100f. I would love the air-water intercooler temps without the setup and cost. I eventually want to put a different motor in so I'll probably just live with what I have for now. I feel like the intercooler sitting in the engine bay is struggling since this turbo sees boost more often. Anyone notice a temperature drop after installing a side scoop?

I'll have pics of the setup in a few days. Next time I crack the engine bay open. I think I have an exhaust leak somewhere that needs to be figured out. Weathers been either super hot or rainy around here.

·
Registered
312 Posts
@mhornfeck72205

I just bought a GT1548 (water cooled) turbo.

I have the stage 3 kit and dropping in size the turbo cause I want and need more low end TQ.

Glad to hear you can get the car side ways, can't wait to get mine in.

Would you mind if I could get your GT15 map Something to start with...?

Please thank you.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sent you my base map in the first email I had sent to you. Haven't had a chance to work on it since then. Actually haven't had the barometric pressure code come up with that map yet too but ymmv since each car will take a different tune.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts