Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone want to try and help me organize some Smart Meets and some Drives through our beautiful state. I know this is a long shot but I am willing to give it a shot

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Any suggestions help, any ideas? And I agree with you about new blood. Thanks for wishing me luck lol I need it

·
10Year+ Supporting Member
3,432 Posts
Any suggestions help, any ideas? And I agree with you about new blood. Thanks for wishing me luck lol I need it
Make some flyers or handbills and carry them with you. Put one on the windshield of any smarts you see around town. You could also take out a small ad in your neighborhood shopper paper if you have one. Most larger cities have a Meet Up group on the internet. If there is still a smart dealer nearby, put a notice about your group on their bulletin board.

That's just a small starting place. I am sure you will think of many more good ideas. The main thing, don't give up......it may take some time to get the word out around town. Again, good luck.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the advice I appreciate it. I am doing a little car show at my church this Saturday so I'll spread the word there as well. I'm ready to show of my Smarty lol

·
Registered
729 Posts
Nothing wrong with starting your own group.

Misfitsailor and I started a local(ish) group not that long ago.

Create a website or Facebook page. Whenever you see someone on the forums here that’s near you, just let them know you’re starting up a group.

We made a small business card template that we place on windshields of other smart cars we see around that says along the lines of “You’ve been spotted by one of our members. Feel free to join us at.......” with a club logo, a QR Code and our Facebook group page address.

In less than a year Mid-Cal Smarties already has over 25 members and our first official Meet had 9 smarts attend.

·
Registered
7,013 Posts
See if the dealership will let you post a flyer there. State you want to start a club, or car gathering. Folks going in for service or buying a new one will see, that. That's the best way of meeting other smart owners. Open a Tulsa smart car, Facebook page. When smart cars were more popular years ago. I made myself some smart calling cards. For our large smart club here. When I saw another smart car parked. A owner at the car wash. I hand out these cards. Place under the wiper. Smart cars are becoming less common on the roads now.

Good Luck with starting one, in Tulsa.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts