Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
SMART Passion 2010
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have a passion 2010, tuned ECU / TCU, cold air + K&N and Magnaflow exhaust.
I love it so much.
Next: Bilstein adjustables.

I am looking to find info about injectors that can fit this situation: Good for N/A and variable boost from 0 to (x) PSI (wish 15)
It looks that the stock ones are good up to 5PSI of boost if I consider the fact that some knowledgable people said or pretend so.

There is too much variables and my knowledge is quite low (very low) on the subject so I rely to the knowledgeable people here that have experiences with turbo and testing with or without dyno.
If N/A AND 15 PSI boost is not possible for a single injector selection, what would be my potential (brand and model of injector, qty:CC) and what kind of boost is achievable without running too rich while N/A?
Maybe you see me coming with my electric compressor/supercharger/turbocharger/eTurbo... I am actually collecting information about the limitations of that little engine and my readings actually stops me on this particular problem.
I know little about injectors but I know what it does and that it is a limitant factor to the span of possible boost I would obtain with my project.

So far I have a 10HP peak high efficiency brushless motor and controller that can run in the 45K rpm at ideally 1:1 ratio for simplicity but can be modified with gearbox). Lithium Polymer power source as tank.
I will custom design the controller that will adjust the ''selected'' boost to be constant across the RPM band while metering the PSI at intake level.

First, I have to find the injector then the turbo that can give me the CFM required for the task at determined RPM to achieve the boost to be determined.

My goal is to give my little commuter a ''kind of'' electric nitro shots on demand to pass, enter highways, drag strip, have fun on the 2nd and 3rd gear.
I don't want it to be turboed all the time and will want to swap to other small car after.
For this I need to know wich injector can be used for max boost while still running efficient or not too rich for the 99% time N/A.

At least if somebody can point me to a list of potential injectors I can use I will find the specs and plug the numbers in some formulas to find my min and max boost possible.
Any links to theory and good readings about fuel injection calculation for turbo and N/A are welcome.

If you think I will face some other problems down the road please let me know.

Thank you.

P.S. I just registered but reading here since 2017.

·
Registered
297 Posts
I don't think it matters what size your going for as long as it will flow enough at the desired max boost.
You will need some type of engine management. Probably standalone. Not sure how is that gonna work. Don't remember for sure but I think the smart ecu is somehow linked to the tcu.
Also I doubt the internals are strong enough for 15 psi.

·
Registered
SMART Passion 2010
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just do this... eturbo and methanol injection. Isn't this what you want / easier to accomplish your goal
It is exactly what I don't want.
I seen this video couple weeks ago.
I don't want something hanging loose with methanol in a water bottle and a 2500 USD kit (5000$ for twins) that is a full ON or full OFF switch.

But, I will add the methanol injection to my readings for next couple of days.

I know the TorqueAMP system is working for small engine and I want to make my own for half the cost with programmable electronic boost controller.
I am not on a hurry and am collecting infos at this time.

Thank you for your share.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts