Smart Car of America Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Paul,
is there a reason the deposit needs to have a hard and fast due date? I have worked with some nitch publishers that have a open ended solicitation period for pre-orderes before starting production. Not 100% applicable in this case, as the deposit amount is quite different and the volume is much smaller. I wanted to throw this idea out there to see what you thought of keeping a running tally of firm orders for a while. 3 weeks to save for a down payment can be a challenge for some people, and i would hate for them to miss this great opportunity becuase of a small window.

Tom

·
Registered
4,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Paul,
is there a reason the deposit needs to have a hard and fast due date? I have worked with some nitch publishers that have a open ended solicitation period for pre-orderes before starting production. Not 100% applicable in this case, as the deposit amount is quite different and the volume is much smaller. I wanted to throw this idea out there to see what you thought of keeping a running tally of firm orders for a while. 3 weeks to save for a down payment can be a challenge for some people, and i would hate for them to miss this great opportunity becuase of a small window.

Tom
Tom,

It makes no difference to me when the deadline is, but for the ones that have made a deposit it wouldn't be right. From the looks of things I don't believe it would make much difference if I extended it to Jan. 2011 other than it would just back up start times for manufacturing and expected delivery.
At some point I have to drop the hammer in order to start.
I needed to secure 10 potentials to get this ball rolling .

Barney BMS

21 - 31 of 31 Posts