Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
lost communication with gearshift module. 09 smart, runs and drives. sometimes revs then clunks into gear. what do i need to check..??? 156,000 miles....dont wanna let her go.......help is greatly appreciated.....ss

·
Registered
144 Posts
! Try the tranny relearn procedure.
2 R&R and lube the clutch actuator
3 R&R and clean the shift motors, change the tranny fluid too! Lots of info here and at Evilution.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thnx for reply........i assume the acuator and shift motors are bolted to transaxle..?

·
Registered
144 Posts
thnx for reply........i assume the acuator and shift motors are bolted to transaxle..?
Shift actuator under car, easy access from below. Pair of ramps make is quite easy.
Shift motors on top of motor, below the air intake box, which has to be removed to gain access.
Air box is a pain, I had to cut mine to get it out, which was OK as I trashed it for the Madness air intake pipe instead.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
found a long detailes post about the acuator and shift motors, but the pics dont show anymore..????

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well...tooke over 5 hours to monkey with intake manifold...finally cut it out!!!!....gonna make my own intake tube today.....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts