Smart Car of America Forum banner

21 - 40 of 68 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,098 Posts
If you want one I am sure we can work something out...
If anyone could find out how much one of these would be to send, I would be very interested. Although the instructions are OK I'm sure we all could benefit from some real pictures.

If any companies want to supply the UK market, I'm sure you'd sell quite a few. Our equivalent is $880.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Hi Rick,

Which Uhaul did you get yours at? Was it here in Escondido?

BTW - why did you have to lay down to take the picture?:confused:

Lady G
still waiting

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
LG,

Ordered online & installed it myself. I'm sure the Escondidi dealer could help you out. You get a $10 off labor coupon for UHaul dealer installation when you order the unit online. smartcenter San Diego would be wise to begin offering this themselves as a dealer installed accessory.

Rick

·
Premium Member
1,098 Posts
USPS priority mail package, 30 lbs, to the UK works out to $112.50 or around 55 GBP if that helps any. :)
Sounds more than reasonable to me.

I contacted Curt, they don't sell to the public, Curt sent me links to 2 companies that might send to the UK. 1 said no, the other said $500 just for shipping :eek:
UHAUL only send to US states also.

So I am looking for someone who can come up with a set price so I can paypal them the money for it to be purchased, packaged and sent.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
The box measures 41" x 20" x 10" and weighs (according to Fedex) 23 lbs.

This item is not high-tech. Simple welded fabrication & powder coated. Must be 100s of places in the UK that could copy it. Just get one sample and go from there.

Rick

·
Registered
383 Posts
Sounds more than reasonable to me.

I contacted Curt, they don't sell to the public, Curt sent me links to 2 companies that might send to the UK. 1 said no, the other said $500 just for shipping :eek:
UHAUL only send to US states also.

So I am looking for someone who can come up with a set price so I can paypal them the money for it to be purchased, packaged and sent.

Evil, if the above quote for shipping is correct, I can send one to you for about $280 American. Would have to double-check rates, but this should be close.

Maybe you could let me know your postal code?

·
Registered
56 Posts
also has a friend that needs a 451 tow hitch , might try the route of buying one when i am over the pond and then getting it sent to my friends in the usa and then sending it home on a slow boat back to the uk?

21 - 40 of 68 Posts