Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
845 Posts
i'm a big fan of the ultra gauge, i bought a scan gauge II in late 2008, was happy with that, when i found the ultra gauge for less than half the price, with the capability of displaying 24 functions (8 per screen) compared the the SG2's 4, i was sold. i only use 6, might switch to 8 to monitor the battery/charging, the battery is now 7 years old, it hasn't given any signs of quitting, but i'd rather know by the gauge than by a dead battery in the middle of winter, when i have to go to work.

the thing with my ultra gauge is it can display my trouble code... the ever present P0497, but won't clear it! when i go to "clear" it, the gauge says "off" (the function, not the code). i pass my emission tests with this, so i'm not bothered, it just shows as a code that was triggered and the "check engine" light is off. anyone have a clue on how to put the UG into a "clearing" mode?
:shrug:

·
Registered
293 Posts
i'm a big fan of the ultra gauge, i bought a scan gauge II in late 2008, was happy with that, when i found the ultra gauge for less than half the price, with the capability of displaying 24 functions (8 per screen) compared the the SG2's 4, i was sold. i only use 6, might switch to 8 to monitor the battery/charging, the battery is now 7 years old, it hasn't given any signs of quitting, but i'd rather know by the gauge than by a dead battery in the middle of winter, when i have to go to work.

the thing with my ultra gauge is it can display my trouble code... the ever present P0497, but won't clear it! when i go to "clear" it, the gauge says "off" (the function, not the code). i pass my emission tests with this, so i'm not bothered, it just shows as a code that was triggered and the "check engine" light is off. anyone have a clue on how to put the UG into a "clearing" mode?
:shrug:
I had code that Ultra gauge didn't want to clean, but finally did it without the car running.
And Ultra gauge now has a Bluetooth version!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts